Absolute freshest leads on preforeclosures?? - Posted by Paul

Posted by JoeKaiser on October 29, 2002 at 24:19:22:

Ron,

Maybe we’ll bump heads in Squim next time you’re out this way.

No badges, btw, but thinking about a tattoo . . . definitely tattoo.

I gave up striving for “impressive” a long time ago. Now, I’m just looking to get paid ;-).

Joe

Absolute freshest leads on preforeclosures?? - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on October 28, 2002 at 24:16:07:

Going to the Courthouse directly, title co, ??
What is the best way to get the newest info on preforeclosures before everyone else?
Thanks,
Paul

Re: Absolute freshest leads on preforeclosures?? - Posted by ct

Posted by ct on October 28, 2002 at 06:52:10:

Going to the courthouse yourself without a doubt!!!good luck

Re: Absolute freshest leads on preforeclosures?? - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on October 28, 2002 at 07:07:14:

Courthouse good . . . but I can think of better ways to pull it off. The key is to be the only guy in town who knows a particular property is headed to foreclosure.

Think about all the things that happen before a foreclosure is filed at the courthouse. Think about the things the buyer does before his situation gets out of hand (he trys to get refinanced, he moves, he gets his power turned off, etc.). Think about all the things a lender does before having to resort to foreclosure (he orders a drive by appraisal, he sends a field rep out to inspect or talk to the borrowers, etc).

Figure out how the system works in your area and figure out how to put yourself into that system so you’re in the path of foreclosure clues. What if the guy who pulls power meters for non payment is sending you leads? How about working a deal with the local U-Haul guy to have your “I Buy Houses” card on his counter? How about making a deal with the local process server? How about becoming a field rep for an inspection company . . . or how about starting your own?

I get a list of every water meter pulled for non payment in one particular town. You?

Joe Kaiser

How to get list of nonpayers from Water Dept? - Posted by JR

Posted by JR on October 30, 2002 at 11:17:22:

Joe, how can I get the list of properties that have water turned off for nonpayment? I called the city water dept. in my area and they said that information is confidential. I was hoping it would be considered public records info.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks, JR

Re: Absolute freshest leads on preforeclosures?? - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on October 28, 2002 at 17:11:15:

Joe Kaiser–(WA)--------

Another example of your great real estate investing insight. You are certainly a hard-thinking person.

But, what are you going to do with all that money you’ve got laid up? Run for Govenor of the wet west state of Washington–financing yourself?

I still think you wear a badge reading “Master Investor.”

You are definately impressive.

Good InvestingRon Starr******