? about purchasing land/lot...perhaps dumb (?)... - Posted by Elle

Posted by PaulS on November 10, 2005 at 11:38:33:

If you’ve ever put something up for sale, you know that there are a variety of instances in which you’d take less than the advertised price.

The fact is, everything is negotiable.

I like the Saturn “one price” example. Is a Saturn’s price negotiable? No. Are the terms negotiable? How about the value of a trade-in? Yeah, so it’s a gimmick. Everything is negotiable.

Paul Strauss
President, WCRT Chicago

? about purchasing land/lot…perhaps dumb (?)… - Posted by Elle

Posted by Elle on November 09, 2005 at 20:49:37:

Ok…I have real estate investments (apartment bldgs, etc) but at current I have my house on the market in hopes of selling it. I have yet to see anything I wish to buy (mostly bi-levels in this area…yuck…) so I am seriously considering building. My silly (or stupid as some of you may mumble) is…if you find land for sale; can you make an offer? or is the price exactly what its stated? Also, if the lot is already in an area that’s developing…can you make an offer or is their price set in stone? I’m just a tad confused on this one. I found a lot that is on a culdesac but it seems a little over priced to me. I’m in Ohio for the record if it makes any difference.

thanks for all help,
Elle

Re: ? about purchasing land/lot… - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on November 09, 2005 at 21:43:44:

My own MO is to make offers on anything I want–regardless of asking
price–regardless of whether it’s for sale or not!

I suggest making offers on any of the lots that you like. And if you see
others in the area that you prefer, you may want to consider contacting
the owners to see if they are willing to sell.

Happy lot hunting, Kristine

Re: ? about purchasing land/lot - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on November 09, 2005 at 21:41:20:

Offers are always an option, especially as the holidays are soon upon us & you won’t have much competition. I recommend researching your target property well–know what your seller paid & if there is financing. The more arrows you have in your quiver, the better you’ll fare in a negotiation. Some info is probably available online, but to get the loan info you’ll likely have to go to the county. I also get info on all the surrounding properties, & often turn up interesting stuff. I just did that last week on a property I’m eyeing, & I discovered an unexpected high interest mortgage that just had an adjustment upward. My seller must be more motivated than I’d thought–

Tye