About Lease Options - Posted by Adrian

Posted by Adrian on June 24, 2009 at 17:41:37:

Rick, I read your reply and I couldn’t do anything but smile. :slight_smile: Funny. Yeah, I guess you’re right, but I thought maybe it was some sort of ‘table’ to be ‘guided’ by…but as you said; I’m glad to see that it’s not any. The whole blank canvas to improvise on eh!? Thank you very much Rick !

About Lease Options - Posted by Adrian

Posted by Adrian on June 23, 2009 at 22:23:52:

Quick question: In a Lease Option deal usually about $100 goes as monthly credit toward purchase price for the tenant-buyer to be considered just a tenant instead of a ‘buyer’ in case of the need of eviction. What about high end homes? (Million mark)(obviously they got to be treated differently than an average home)… Is there a ‘guide’ to measure how much can be given toward the purchase price without creating a ‘equitable interest’ in the subject property?
Lease Option experts, please! Thanks, Adrian

Never assume… - Posted by Rick, the Probate Guy

Posted by Rick, the Probate Guy on June 24, 2009 at 13:19:19:

I’m guessing that you either heard someone say that at a R E event or read it somewhere. Don’t assume that anything is “hard wired” or written in stone.

if you think thru the benefits to each party, an endless number of combinations and permutations could be made to negotiate the optimal L/O deals for two specific given parties.

There is no “table of values” to use, nor a magic formula. I’m glad that’s the case. I’m guessing that you just want something to lean on so that you don’t have to start from scratch.

SO, why not make your own rules? Isn’t that what you like most of real estate investing?

Cheap houses, mansions, they can all be negotiated as you and the other party see fit.

Re: Never assume… - Posted by Anne45

Posted by Anne45 on June 27, 2009 at 06:21:33:

I agree with you.