Abandoned Mobile home - Posted by Jim Step

Posted by John T (WI) on July 16, 2008 at 08:39:50:

When you say tag, do you mean a license plate? or the information plate usually found near the hitch, electrical box, or in a cabinet somewhere?

Abandoned Mobile home - Posted by Jim Step

Posted by Jim Step on July 16, 2008 at 06:53:51:

Hello All. This is my 1st Post on my 1st Mobile home Rehab. After reading Deals on Wheels & Making money … I just had to jump in and get my feet wet! Im working on a 1987 Sabre 14 x 60. Tearing out bathroom flooring and re-plumbing. The Issue is with the Title. The numbers on the Title dont match the Tag on the Mobile. The individuals that used to live in the home went South. Had not paid Lot rent for months so the Trailer is now the property of the Park owner. Park owner says it’s mine for $500.00. Wouldnt it be best just to File lost title in this case & have the title put in my name? Any experience would be much appreciated. I live in Michigan. Thanks

Jim

Re: Abandoned Mobile home - Posted by PDTEAM

Posted by PDTEAM on August 16, 2008 at 13:06:31:

COULD SOME ONE HELP ME I WANT TO BUY A MOBILE, DO NOT HAVE ALOT OF FUNDS. I CAN AFFORD THE LOT SPACE, I WILL BUY THE MOBILE/PREFAB CASH. I AM RETIRED ON A PENSION. PLS. HELP! TEL. # 415-678-7570

Re: Abandoned Mobile home - Posted by lee cox

Posted by lee cox on July 18, 2008 at 14:21:40:

Been there done that and it can take a month.
Research the number that you have on the home if indeed is the VIN.
One time I had a home still in the name of someone in town and they had to sign something for me to get title.The home was given to someone who never changed title. The home will have to be inspected before they give you a title if the number is not visible.

Re: Abandoned Mobile home - Posted by Ed in Idaho

Posted by Ed in Idaho on July 18, 2008 at 08:59:07:

Take the skirting off around the front and see if you can find the VIN # stamped into the steel beams. It is usually on the first beam (because hitches are usually removed). If that # doesn’t match the title, you got the wrong title for sure.

Then you go to DMV and play the dumb guy who was put in charge of fixing this problem and ask questions about how to fix it.

Re: Abandoned Mobile home - Posted by Shawn Sisco

Posted by Shawn Sisco on July 16, 2008 at 08:43:18:

It sounds like you may be getting the cart in front of the horse. While I don’t know MI process for aquiring abandoned title, I would start with DMV. Learn the process well and do aquire title first in name of the park owner, then signed (by park owner)over to you before spending any $$ or time on this refurb.