A real dump - Posted by josh

Posted by Kathi on August 02, 2004 at 11:59:06:

available from odorxit.com. Thge stuff works great. Follow the instructions.

A real dump - Posted by josh

Posted by josh on August 02, 2004 at 09:42:16:

I found a foreclosure that is in need of work. The previous owner had several dogs that urinated (among other things) all over the inside. I went to look at this place and I could barely get through the front door without passing out from the smell. they stole all of the appliances and the a/c unit. House has been vacant for 1 year and it has been hot and humid. also, the bank already took it back

Asking 178,000.

As is value 174,000

After repair value 220,000

My question is.

Will I be able to get the smell out ( a/c has not been running)

Is it possible to clean the walls without putting up new drywall.

any advice about making an offer. Realtor said that there were several offers for asking price. (hard to believe.)

thanks,

Josh

Re: A real dump - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on August 02, 2004 at 18:09:11:

Josh,

In FL I use a bleach water mix. But we are built on concrete slabs here. OdorXit is a good product for urine also.

I had animals and people (well I guess you could call them one in the same) pee all over my walls in one of my homes. A very good product called Kilz did the trick and fresh paint. You can find Kilz in Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

HTH,

RichV(FL)

Re: A real dump - Posted by Randy (SD)

Posted by Randy (SD) on August 02, 2004 at 11:45:20:

Yes can get the odor out… the method is highly dependent on the underlying flooring surface. For example if it’s carpet over plywood subflooring, removing the carpeting and using odor neutralizer’s generally available at retail locations generally works. If it’s hardwood flooring that may require sanding and refinishing. If it’s tile or concrete flooring bleach will generally do the job.