A poll, if you will. - Posted by Jennifer-NC

Posted by Brian_wa on August 17, 2007 at 09:08:25:

The pool of investors from “we buy houses” signs that you have to compete with is a tiny fraction of the number of competitors for houses that are listed.

Brian

A poll, if you will. - Posted by Jennifer-NC

Posted by Jennifer-NC on August 17, 2007 at 24:44:27:

How many, if any, of your deals do you find on the MLS?
And what state do you live in?

Just wondering…

Re: A poll, if you will. - Posted by Dean in NC

Posted by Dean in NC on August 18, 2007 at 08:15:08:

I’ve had about 1/2 to 3/4 of mine from mls. Bank owned mostly.

Dean - -Charlotte

Re: A poll, if you will. - Posted by Bill H

Posted by Bill H on August 17, 2007 at 17:43:55:

Just so you know the bill H who posted from TX ain’t me.

Good Luck,
Bill H

Re: A poll, if you will. - Posted by R. James

Posted by R. James on August 17, 2007 at 14:25:00:

Approx. 20%. I have purchased several single family homes over the years through the MLS. You do have to sift through a lot of listings to find the ones with any potential profits and then you must act fast as you are competing against many others. I simply have the MLS as an added tool to the other methods I use: newspaper ads, yellow page ad, business cards, networking, etc. . .

Re: A poll, if you will. - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on August 17, 2007 at 14:02:43:

Almost all of them, although I have my realtor look for REOs that have sat on the market a while. I will offer about 1/3 to 1/2 or so of the list price. Having a good realtor do the searching really saves time!

-Berno, Iowa

Re: A poll, if you will. - Posted by bill H

Posted by bill H on August 17, 2007 at 09:17:26:

Dear Jennifer,
I am in the DFW area of TX and have done two L/H deals both from the MLS. There are several more I am working on where they are priced around 35K and will appraise for about twice that. These are either repos or for sale by the owner. Hope this helps. email me if you want more details. wdwildbill@yahoo.com
Bill H(TX)

Re: A poll, if you will. - Posted by carl

Posted by carl on August 17, 2007 at 05:38:01:

All of them

I have 3 houses so far and have gotten all of them off of mls, traditional mortgages, etc.

I’m in PA.

I probably pay more for houses than I should, but it is a lot easier than fighting all of the competition (the people with the “we buy houses” signs).

Re: A poll, if you will. - Posted by alex SC

Posted by alex SC on August 18, 2007 at 20:36:25:

75 % of my deals come from the mls.Guess I am lazy but their are great deals.If you know what you are looking for.