3 more deals in a 55+ - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Bob Az on July 30, 2001 at 17:07:03:

Chuck,
Would appreciate if you could send me the information on the parks in Phoenix. Next time I’m in Tucson, I’ll buy you lunch.

Thanks,
bob

3 more deals in a 55+ - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 16, 2001 at 21:41:11:

I mentioned a while back that when I bought my 55+ park it had 6 mobiles listed with a realtor.

Long story short, the realtor apparently isn’t marketing them at all, so I’m getting a shot as his contract expires.

Last month I sold 2 of the mobiles, within 2 days of each other for $7k and $9 respectively. These were cash deals.

I sold 2 more today and got a 3rd for free. Here’s the details.

Lot #5 - 1974 12x40 2/1, 18’ Arizona room (screen room), 22’ raised and covered patio w/sliding glass doors into the living room, 12’ carport with overhead, 2 6x12 storage sheds and a grapefruit tree in back, all in excellant condition. Selling price - $6100 cash.

Lot #1 - 1964 10x40 1/1, 20’ add-on room with sliding glass doors, covered patio behind that extending to the rear of the unit, in excellant condition. Selling price - $5,000 cash.

The lady in #1 bought #5, the guy in #14 bought #1. I got #14 for free.

It’s a 1958 Boles-Aero (that’s a travel trailer) w/full length add-on, a recent electrical upgrade and it’s in pretty good condition for it’s age (nothing deteriorates fast in the desert).

I’ve already got it sold for $1500. The buyer is single and wants to put it on land he just bought, to live in until construction is finished on his house. Then he’s going to strip it to the frame and make a utility trailer out of it.

I’ll change lot #14 to a new RV space, it’s the best use for it. I’ve been converting a few other (RV) spaces to mobiles (like I said, better use of the space), so this will keep one of the snowbirds happy and coming back. The RV lots rent for $230/month w/full hook-ups, regardless of the season.

Oh, the fellow who bought the '58… just happens to be my tree guy.

I’m so JEALOUS - Posted by lyal

Posted by lyal on July 18, 2001 at 07:49:11:

Chuck, I’d love to be able to do deals in my own park!! Can you say fish in a barrel!!!
Keep it up, Lyal

Re: I’m so JEALOUS - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 18, 2001 at 11:05:18:

Check it out…

1. I already had a relationship with the buyers and the sellers.

2. I didn’t have to run credit or background checks, I already know they pay lot rent on time, and are good neighbors.

3. I spent no money on advertising, I didn’t deal with any tire-kickers, I interviewed no-one.

4. I didn’t loose any lot rent during the exchange of the properties.

5. I got rid of a older unit, and got paid for it.

I applied the monies from unit #14 toward the tree guy’s bill. I owe him $500 yet on the trimming job he just did in the park - his bill was $2,000 (81 trees trimmed and structure-cut).

My catcus guy (there’s a large catcus garden at the park entrance) was here yesterday and wants to buy one of them off of me (I was thinking of removing it anyway). He offered $500 and a smaller replacement catcus. That’ll cover the balance on the tree bill.

1. I now can rework #14 to a better use of it’s space (RV).

2. I get to keep another long-time seasonal tenant (a snowbird). He’s already booked for the upcoming season.

3. I can convert another RV lot (#7) to a mobile home lot which is a better use for it.

4. I can place a mobile on that lot, profit from the sale of it and collect another lot rent indefinately.

Did I miss anything?

Oh yea… still have 2 more mobiles for sale (of the original 6). Maybe I ought to run a ad.

:wink:

Re: I’m not done yet… - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 18, 2001 at 16:46:52:

Fate loves me.

Had a rep from a local mobile home dealer come into the park just after lunch today. She was out scouting locations, to place sold homes on.

She thinks they have a few that will fit the odd-sized spaces I’ve been trying to fill. She’s gonna get the measurements and talk to her boss.

I’ve got 4 spaces I can convert… the possibility of creating a 5th (new one), and I’ll still have 3 RV spaces to cover what’s already pre-booked for the coming season.

They’ll handle everything… moving, set-up, skirting, and the sale of the home. I get to pre-screen the buyer.

I’ll get lot rent of $230/month each for the next 90 days, then the entire park will jump to $245/month.
I’m raising the lots rent effective October 1st.

I also get a “finder’s fee” of $500 for each lot she fills.

Yea… fate loves me.

:wink:

Stop!! You’re killin’ me!! - Posted by lyal

Posted by lyal on July 18, 2001 at 14:08:18:

Any other parks for sale there??

Re: Stop!! You’re killin’ me!! - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 18, 2001 at 16:31:36:

There’s a 12 space and a 21 space in Tucson. I haven’t looked into them yet and didn’t plan to, as I have another project already in the works. There’s also a couple available in Phoenix.

Drop me an e-mail if you want details.