2nd mortgage question - Posted by David LeFevre

Posted by River City on November 07, 2002 at 10:05:17:

Some states require lenders to give payoff balances within a certain time frame of the borrower’s written request. Find the number for the Department of Banking and Finance in your state and call them to see what you need to do to obtain a payoff balance. If you will post the state you are located in, I could probably give you a phone number and possibly an email address.

2nd mortgage question - Posted by David LeFevre

Posted by David LeFevre on November 06, 2002 at 08:34:13:

My past company gave me a loan against my house that I now rent. I no longer work for that company and have not paid on the loan for over a year. The amount of the loan was substantial. The renters want to buy the house, but there is a lien on the house and my old company cannot give me a proper balance due to their failure in accounting.

Is there a way that I can get their lien removed from the property so I can sell it, especially if I do not agree with the balance they are telling me?