2 different deeds recorded on same day...question - Posted by Steve

Posted by William Bronchick on June 08, 2004 at 15:39:11:

If there is a TIME stamp, you win, assuming you paid value, had no knowledge of the other transfer and recorded first in good faith.

2 different deeds recorded on same day…question - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on June 07, 2004 at 21:08:33:

Today I took title to a preforeclosure into a land trust. After getting my deed signed, witnessed and notarized I went down to the courthouse and recorded it. As I was finishing up with the recording another investor came in to record a deed from my seller to him. Obviously, my deed was recorded first and even though I told him it was already recorded, he still recorded his. The recording office let him go ahead and record it even though the deed he wass recording was from someone who no longer had any interest in the house.

So, there is about 40k equity in this property and it will go to auction in 3 weeks. Obviously, that is not enough time to decide this in court.At this point, no real money has exchanged hands with any parties involved (other than the $10.00 to make it legal).

So, is there anything I can do to save this deal? Is this legal? Any advice would be appreciated.