1st time gitters - Posted by BP in VA

Posted by Stew(NE) on July 16, 2001 at 14:25:26:

so what. It is not a race. Add an addendum. Tell the seller you made an error. They might just realize that you are human. That you are in this WITH them. Don’t make it an adversarial situation. They want you to solve their problem and they know you expect to get something from it. I filled out a purchase agreement the other day and guess what I had sitting beside me as a talked to the seller? I had an example of a purchase agreement from a previous purchase. I also forgot that I needed a notary? Guess what the seller said. Hey, there is a notary at the drugstore down the street, let’s go down there. We went down together and we talked about our kids on the way. She got down there and she forgot she needed an ID (Now she is embarrassed). No problem, we go back and get her ID and get the contract notarized. My advice would be to put an ad in the paper first and get motivated sellers to call you instead of cold calling. But DO SOMETHING NOW. Don’t read the course again.

1st time gitters - Posted by BP in VA

Posted by BP in VA on July 16, 2001 at 10:19:42:

I’ve finished my course three times and am going over it again. I’ve done all the in home work that I can. I’ve talked a powerful storm to myself that I can do this BUT, I feel that I might miss something in my first contract. I was directed to this site and the positive notes are GREAT. CS course offers a mentor for a fee but I’ve been told that this is not good but the course is excellent for the basics. I’ve got the 1st time gitters. Besides just jumping on the phone and making my first calls any advice to what to look out for or how to get rid of the gitters?