1st half of the year review - Posted by Luke-MN

Posted by Talia FL on June 23, 2006 at 13:37:48:

Oh I had posted this very issue to the forum weeks ago and got some great responses. The guy I met at my REI Club meeting gave me some pointers also. I haven’t ridden any speed bumps in a while because I am studying for my bar exam AGAIN (I really hope this is the last time I am taking it) then after that it is back to my part-time job and looking for that first deal.

Thanks for your concern, though! I hope before the end of the summer I’ll have a success story to share!

1st half of the year review - Posted by Luke-MN

Posted by Luke-MN on June 21, 2006 at 21:31:34:

I remember a number of posts in early Jan. about setting goals and and the need to GOTC to make this year a productive one. So how is everyone doing half-way through the year?

So be prepared to get either a pat on the back or a kick in the butt from the rest of the forum.

In the interest of following my own advice, it has been a very interesting year. Only did two LD’s last year. Set a goal to do 12 this year. Have done 11 so far this year. Some bunts. Some home runs. The good news is that the home runs are getting easier. Thanks to all those who contribute to the forum.

Re: 1st half of the year review - Posted by Talia FL

Posted by Talia FL on June 22, 2006 at 21:09:45:

Still chasing deal #1, but of all the goals I set for this year, I did achieve one…GOTC and went and joined the local REI club here. Met some folks and got a lead on a deal just this week that I will be looking at tomorrow…I have found that I need to change my approach to PMs. I have a lot of buyers and no properties to sell them…I’ve ridden speed bumps but most PMs shut the door in my face. But I am not giving up.

I met a guy at my REI club this week who does Lonnie deals. He told me he started four years ago with 2 credit cards and no cash. That hit me because that is exactly what my husband and I have–2 credit cards and no cash! So I know it can be done because I met a real man (not online) who does it! It felt so much more real to me…so again, I say…

I’M NOT GIVING UP!!! :slight_smile:

Re: 1st half of the year review - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on June 22, 2006 at 09:47:18:

Did my last biz plan review a little over a week ago, & was surprised how many goals had been met. Got me to thinking I hadn’t reached high enough. Had to set some new ones. Have increased mhp income 25%, so am for the 1st time toying w/the notion of selling & getting something larger. Definitely working on mhp expansion phase & to that end have been visiting w/county officials to know my options & to make sure I do it all right.
Thanks for the reminder, Luke!

Tye

Re: 1st half of the year review - Posted by CR Smith

Posted by CR Smith on June 21, 2006 at 22:33:34:

Not doing so good here–haven’t made LD #1 yet, but I finally got some money together. I placed my ad today, and so I hope things will pick up. Planning to ride some more bumps this weekend.

Re: 1st half of the year review - Posted by Jason

Posted by Jason on June 23, 2006 at 10:09:07:

What approach are you taking when talking with the PMs? Why do you think they “shut the door in your face”?

With a little more detail, perhaps the forum could help you design a new approach?