Zero $$ down.. HOW? - Posted by Deanna

Posted by Deanna on July 25, 2001 at 09:19:19:

Hey come on! Real estate agent? Do I sound that clueless? I guess I have a lot of reading to do :slight_smile:

Zero $$ down… HOW? - Posted by Deanna

Posted by Deanna on July 25, 2001 at 08:56:10:

How do you all put zero $$ down? Everywhere lender I’ve looked it requires a min. of 3%. Also will the government pay closing costs on a forclosure??

Deanna

Did one today! - Posted by Mark_OR

Posted by Mark_OR on July 25, 2001 at 09:55:15:

Here is an example: Today I bought two homes on a lease/option. The seller wanted $1,000 down & $575/mo. on the two homes, that I will buy for $70,000 in 2 years. The rents & deposits from the current tenants total $1510.00. We simply exchanged checks - OK, I had to come up with $65, but close enough to Zero down.
The seller is going to carry a contract @ 8.5% when I exercise my option.

Re: Zero $$ down… HOW? - Posted by J. CA

Posted by J. CA on July 25, 2001 at 09:21:16:

Answer: Don’t go to a lender.

How can you put zero down? How about: Lease/option, land contract, subject-to, owner-financing, partners, money investors, hardmoney loans. The list goes on.

This site is all about finding and using creative ideas to own or control real estate with little or none of your own money. Read through the posts, the success stories, the how-to and money-making articles. It’s all there free for the taking! Your question is answered a thousand times over in different ways.

Re: Zero $$ down… HOW? - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on July 25, 2001 at 09:12:29:

Deanna,
There in lies your dilema.
You are looking at lenders.
Forget that, and start to read here, your question is WAY too broad to answer in only one post.
Read EVERYTHING here, arrticles, success stories, news groups, everything.
Then, goto the library and get a few books on Real Estate Investing.
After that, come back here again and let us know what you have discovered.
Buying homes using bank loans that YOU apply for, and YOU have to qualify for, is NOT the only way to buy Real Estate.

You wouldn’t happen to be a Real Estate agent or broker would you?
Oh, for get that question, just teasing…

Have a great day,
Jim FL

Re: Did one today! - Posted by Ronald * Starr

Posted by Ronald * Starr on July 27, 2001 at 15:23:57:

Mark (OR)-------

Good Going Guy!

Wasn’t it just a few months ago that you were saying it was hard to find something in the Portland area because it is a “seller’s market?”

How did you change the situation so that you became a “buyer” of real estate?

Good Investing and Good PostingRon Starr*