Winter Investing - Posted by Mark

Posted by Tim Pannabecker on October 12, 1998 at 18:38:57:

Mark,

I personally believe that the winter months offer a tremendous opportunity for RE investors. Many people are focused on the holidays, thus reduced competition. And if you live in a cold climate, you are assured that most of the lazy or unmotivated will not brave the cold. Primarily we all have two types of competition Retail buyers - owner occupants who are willing to pay market prices and wholesale buyers - investors whom we can compete with. Both types will likely be compromised during the holidays - so dig in and enjoy (the investing more than the turkey)

Tim

Winter Investing - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on October 12, 1998 at 14:33:54:

Here is question that I have? Would it be better to do a little mail-order for the winter months and then do some real estate investing when the spring comes in. Or just keep doing the RE investing thing?

Re: Winter Investing - Posted by John Bulik

Posted by John Bulik on October 13, 1998 at 21:14:01:

Mark,

I know you are a little concerned starting out with winter approaching and Tim is right. There are lots of opportunities out there for the plucking in the winter. I find my best deals in December. So, go out there and find them. At worst the practice will do you good. If you find one and can’t figure out what to do ask the people on this site or give me a call. I’ll give you a hand. You do live nearby. You’ve got nothing to lose but a missed opportunity. If you are worried about income then split your time between mail order and seeking deals.

John Bulik