Why I am thankful and need Health Insurance ideas - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brent_IL on November 23, 2000 at 02:43:36:

A good life and health agent will have access to many sample boilerplate agreements drafted by insurance company lawyers. Try an active CLU. You need an insurance agent for the coverage, and a local attorney will appreciate not starting from scratch.

Why I am thankful and need Health Insurance ideas - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on November 22, 2000 at 15:19:28:

I love this board and all the people who have contributed to it. I want to say THANK YOU for such wonderful sharing people.

Thanks to these people over the last two years I been able to complete several CRE deals of all types and form my own corporation. All this has been part time and now Lord willing I am planning on going full time in the spring.

One of the things I need to consider is health insurance. I checked with some local agents and then thought why not ask the braintrust that has helped me to this point in business. So if anyone has a great deal or great coverage with any health insurance companies I would love to know.

Once again, on the eve of Thanksgiving Day I reflect on what I am thankful for and definitely one of the things is the people involved in this web site and organiztion. I would highly recommend anyone who has not met the Vaughn’s and the others who contribute to this board to take the time and make it to the convention. The reward is well worth it. Not just monetarily but in personal growth.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Brian Gatewood

Re: Check out MSA’s - Posted by Bobby White

Posted by Bobby White on November 25, 2000 at 18:45:48:

Hi Brian,

I am in total agreement with you about this site.
I suggest you check out the MSA ( Medical Savings Account) You set a higher deductible. Any amount not used remains as your savings, not lining an Ins. Co’s
pockets. Seemsto be a better alternative for the self employed.

Health Ins. Info - Posted by Gladys_IL.

Posted by Gladys_IL. on November 24, 2000 at 14:43:47:

I had to stop and give Thanks for all the things I have also. My Family are all Healthy for one thing, when many around are not. Even though things have been tough this past year we still have alot to be thankful for and need to always remember that.

I also am an Independent Life and Health Insurance Agent and look for the Best.
I suggest you find a Fortis Insurance Agent in your area.
All the problems going on in the Insurance business these days, especially things that aren’t told to the consumers, the only way they usually know is by doing their research or calling the Dept. of Insurance.
217-782-4515
Fortis can be counted on to help you and pay claims. You get $6 Mil. coverage per person, and you can design a plan to your needs.
Any questions you can email me.

Have a great Day!

Gladys

Re: Health Insurance - Posted by Kelly ATL

Posted by Kelly ATL on November 23, 2000 at 11:47:06:

Check out if Unicare is in your area. I signed up with them a few months ago. The plan I chose for our family of 4 is $178 per mo, $2k deductible, with the first 4 Dr. visits per family member per year at a $30 co pay.

I am VERY thankful - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on November 22, 2000 at 21:05:00:

Brian,
Boy can I relate to your post.
I was just sittin here reading posts and “surfing” the net, when I remembered that tomorrow is the day we all celebrate and give thanks.
I can tell you that I personally have had my ups and downs througout my REI adventure, both personal and business wise.
In fact, here is a post I wrote last year at this time:
http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/nov99/48983.html

WOW!
What a year this was.
From the day I wrote that post last year to now, things sure have changed.
why?
Because I MADE IT HAPPEN!
I did let depression rule my world for a some time there.
I lost my confidence to do deals, and to maintain relationships with those who were important to me.
I was going thru a HORRIBLE divorce where my ex was literally trying to nickel and dime me out of EVERYTHING I had, even things I had prior to meeting her.
After several months and many thousands of dollars in court, I GAVE UP!
I gave her EVERYTHING and started clean.
I realized that I had once started out with NOTHING so doing so again was not that big of a deal.
I can, have and will continue to buy RE with no money or credit.
The difference for me now was that I had experience behind me, coupled with some knowledge.
So, I did it!
During the divorce, with the help of a partner I bought several properties, and kept myself afloat.
(Had to use a partner to keep her from getting any of the new deals.)
And, if you read the post I referenced from last year, you will see that my now ex had a boyfriend at that time. I had been replaced, or so I thought, and I was bitter over it.
I then realized that dwelling on what I had lost was a waste of my time and energy.
Now, I am back to full time REI, (only took a J.O.B. for just a few weeks to get some insurance to cover my ailments.) and I am re-married with TWO new GREAT kids.
My new wife is VERY supportive, and Believes in me.
Last I heard, my ex is STILL single, and from her harrassing phone calls to me, I think she is miserable! (stinks to be her!)I heard her boyfriend from last year is back with his wife. Darn, hate when THAT happens! although honestly, I do pray for her on occassion, if for no other reason than the fact that she is the mother to my former step daughter, who I still care for deeply.

I can tell you, the people here on CRE are like a fmaily to me.
This is why I try to share my experiences as best I can with this board, to give back a little of what I have recieved.(Whether that be business or emotional.)
The support here has been GREAT!
Without others believing in me, both here and in my family, I am not sure at all whether I would have made it this far.
I am still not where I want to be business wise, but I am on my way.
The HOLE I felt I was in last year, is now a tunnel, and the light at the end is getting brighter everyday.

So, I have PEOPLE to be thankful for, from here and in the rest of my life.
I give thanks to my God daily for the things he has blessed me with.

There was a point last year when I felt nothing could stop me, and now this year, I KNOW there is nothing that can stop me.
No hurlde is too high, and with the support of those around me, I will succeed.
Heck, to some, I have suceeded already.

Just last month, my entire family (parents, brother, grandparents), were all scheduling a trip for everyone.
Going for me would have been a hardship, both money wise, and time wise.
I could not “Afford” to go, and declined the invite from my parents.
My mother immediately said her usual, “See son, this is why you NEED to forget that REI HOBBY of yours, and get a J.O.B.!”
My new wife, politely said to her new mother inlaw, “You know better than to say something like that to him, he is after all YOUR SON, and stubborness alone will make him NOT get a J.O.B.”
“Plus, I believe in him, and even though he does not have the money he once did, he IS making his business work, and work well. He is on his way to an even higher place than he was before.”

What a woman!
See why I married her FAST!!?
Heck, my kids ask me every weekend after homework, “Dad, is there anything WE can do for the business to help you?”
(So far, I’ve had them pass out flyers for me and help to clean out some L/O homes we did.)
I am VERY blessed these days, and GRATEFUL for it all.
Wealth to me is a relative term.
I am not RICH money wise, “yet”, but I am wealthy beyond my wildest dreams because I have freedom, and a great family to share that with. (including those here.)

So, Happy Thanksgiving to all here.
As you can see, I have PLENTY to be Thankful for this year!
God Bless you all,
Jim IL

Re: Why I am thankful and need Health - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on November 22, 2000 at 17:31:43:

Regardless of where you go for insurance, I would
definately create a medical reimbursement plan for
your family. That makes all expenses 100%
tax deductible.

RE investing is considered a home based business.

A local CPA can draft a contract for you.

Houserookie

Re: Health insurance ideas - Posted by BillW.

Posted by BillW. on November 22, 2000 at 16:08:28:

Try checking out your local credit unions. For their members, some of them provide good insurance deals. Also check with your local chamber of commerce. This organization is full of small business types who need the same type of insurance you need. They may have some ideas.
Good luck. BillW.

ReHealth Insurance ideas - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on November 22, 2000 at 15:48:02:

Brian,

I too must agree with your sediments about this board. Since going to the CRE convention, I have done real well.

Anyways, for inexpensive heal insurance go to HEALTHAXIS.com. I have my insurance through them and they seem pretty good. Now I have not had a lot of claims however, they are covering a prsecription drug that would cost me $180.00 a month to take. So the $80.00 a month premium is well worth it.

Hope this helps,

Tim Jensen

Jim, Thanks For Sharing! - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on November 23, 2000 at 04:48:19:

Jim,

Personal stories like yours do as much to help people as all of the how-to advice.

Knowing where someone is in their life & how they’re using real estate to help better it is inspirational.

You’ve probably related to more people than you’ll ever know.

I’m sure many people struggle with things personally (I know I do from time to time) & it’s great to see someone with an attitude like yours.

Keep up the great positive attitude & I’m sure you’ll get to the point where you want to be.

Vic

Jim, thank you for encouragement. I am in awe. NT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on November 23, 2000 at 02:50:19:

ntxt