who says older homes depreciate in value?? - Posted by Greg Meade

Posted by Eddie-Mi on November 23, 2003 at 09:11:31:

For people who own parks with small lots, this type of home ISN’T overpriced too badly at 4000.

who says older homes depreciate in value?? - Posted by Greg Meade

Posted by Greg Meade on November 23, 2003 at 09:08:50:

Went up to South GA yesterday and looked at seven repos in one park. While wandering thru the older section(there are three phases) saw a For Sale sign and couldn’t help myself from knocking. Was a 1972 Palm 12X50 2/2 and was a PUFF! Only had two owners this lady for 30 years, and her sister b4 for a year! After seeing if motivated (she wasn’t) asked price and she stated 4k. Talked some more and she said" My Dad bought that vw(1972)and home same year. give 1,890 for car and 3,610 for home and i got bill of sale for both in the closet" I guess some older mobiles do appreciate with timeLOL. There needs to be a Mobile Home Museum somewhere. This home had Harvest Gold counter tops and apps sinks, and toilets! When is the last time you saw that? Also had a light bar on each beam spanning the front room with switch! Has anyone on this board ever seen an older home in such shape? Worth buying just to show!Tempted to buy and ship to Briton to put with his old beauty in his park! LOL
Greg

Re: who says older homes depreciate in value?? - Posted by Marty (MO)

Posted by Marty (MO) on November 23, 2003 at 14:25:08:

I get into houses like this once in a while, but I’ve never seen a mh this old that hasn’t been reworked. Did she have a beehive hairdo and an 8 track player?
Seriously, though- sometimes there’s a treasure trove of depression glass and other artifacts. We found some WWII era army hospital supplies in an old mh back in September. Almost too cool to put on ebay!
OK
Marty