who pays the fees? - Posted by jcoop

Posted by ken in sc on January 21, 2005 at 07:12:43:

If you hire your attorney to do work, you pay the fees if you bow out of the deal. It happens. But it is still better then buying a bad deal. Just part of the normal expenses of your business. Do your best to finish your due diligence before spending money on your attorney.

Ken

who pays the fees? - Posted by jcoop

Posted by jcoop on January 20, 2005 at 19:55:16:

here’s a quick question about attorney fees. fortunately this hasn’t happened to me yet.in most courses i have read,even the biggest authors always point out the fact that not every one of your deals are going to go as planned. they even build in contingencies in their contracts that allow you to walk away from any deal that is not going to turn out the way you thought. my question is, after you start the wheels in motion with your attorney to get the title work done, insurance, and all of the rest of the closing process lined up, who would get stuck with these fees if you were to discover that this deal isn’t going to work out no matter what you do? they all say to walk away from a deal if it’s not going as planned, but they don’t say anything about the attorney’s fees.