Who needs Russ Whitney?!? - Posted by Paul D. Meehan

Posted by Matthew Chan on November 11, 1998 at 15:22:24:

You may want to go back and read my post. I get the feeling you have misinterpreted my post. I try to stay objective and look at all things. Quite simply, his personal approach does turn off some people and that was the point was trying to make. It doesnt diminish his knowledge or accomplishments.

Regarding me, you should probably refrain from making negative statements about me without first confirming my background. Yes, I am a college grad and an MBA. However, unlike you, I left the “rat race” back in mid 1995, have my own business, and haven’t regretted it. It’s been great having one’s own company (albeit small). So I think I know something about “being out there” and taking action. Yes, I am analytical but it doesn’t freeze me from moving forward.

My disadvantage was that I was single and free in my late 20’s when I left the “rat race” and just now getting around to exploring wealth opportunities and repositioning my existing assets. So my excuse was ignorance, not inaction.

To clarify, I never disputed the correctness of his actions. As a matter of fact, I will give Russ Whitney (among others) credit for giving me the foundation to take the next step from being self-employed to creating wealth. I highly respect his accomplishments considering he was dealt a tough hand in the beginning.

In the future, you may want to be careful making bold statements about people you don’t know. Now unless, you happen to be 32 years or younger AND have the $4.5 million, I might actually catch up to you someday! And even if you are younger, I DID leave the “rat race” and already had my own “gold watch” in the works.

Who needs Russ Whitney?!? - Posted by Paul D. Meehan

Posted by Paul D. Meehan on November 07, 1998 at 18:21:53:

Hi all,

My fiance and I recently attended an initial Russ Whitney RE seminar. After two hours of lame folksy style humor and numerous written testimonials declaring Russ divine, we were then given the old hard sell. While Russ was unable to attend personally, he did send one of his top elves to lead us down the path to riches. The salesman turned into Satan before our eyes and pitched the almost $4000.00 3 day tutorial in such a frenzied way it was reminiscent of a Third Reich rally. Unfortunately for Russ, my fiance and I have not been lobotomized. Though we did leave the “seminar” with a headache.

One of the more consistent themes to investing in real estate is THINK CREATIVELY. Why spend a small fortune for information being peddled by Mr. Whitney when it can be obtained freely on the Internet or from your local library?

Warm regards,
Paul D. Meehan

Re: Who needs Russ Whitney?!? - Posted by Willaim

Posted by Willaim on November 09, 1998 at 16:12:22:

That was funny! You know I went to a McCorkle and Russ
Whitney seminar. Both were like that. They send their elves and get the crowd into frenzy with the hard sell.

Re: Who needs Russ Whitney?!? - Posted by Matthew Chan

Posted by Matthew Chan on November 08, 1998 at 13:34:23:

Russ seems to have come from a very humble and somewhat less refined background. This translates to a presentation that many of us may not like or appreciate. I know because it was his presentation style “the hard sell” did not appeal to me.

But I have bought a copy of his inexpensive “Building Wealth” book and I have to say, I was impressed with a few points which were so obvious but I never did them and intend to rectify it.

If what he says about his past is only half true, he had a rough beginning. He may never become a well-liked person, but I do appreciate his drive to succeed and his accomplishments. He has my respect.

Regarding you experience, I would tend to agree $4000 is outrageous. I don’t need all that. I simply need the facts and techniques. I can get that from his book and video for FAR less expensive.

Re: Who needs Russ Whitney?!? - Posted by Con

Posted by Con on November 11, 1998 at 13:47:54:

Your comments about his “rough” beginning and how he turns some people off really amazed me. He is dynamic, full of confidence, capable and, most importantly, he is RIGHT. You sound like one of the college graduates he talks about who have the mental attitude that a professional job and a watch at the end of it is all you are able to obtain. I am a college graduate also but, I was smart enough to listen to what he had to say and consequently I have $4.5 million in real estate and am quitting my deadend job in a few months. Two years ago I read his book and wasn’t paralyzed by analysis as most college grads are.

The bottom line is: HE’S ABSOLUTELY CORRECT IN EVERYTHING HE SAYS AND IF YOU WANT TO GET FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT THEN YOU BETTER FOLLOW HIS ADVICE OR WAIT FOR THAT GOLD TONE WATCH AT THE END OF 30 YEARS.