Where to buy L/O signs? - Posted by Steve (GA)

Posted by Steve Kesegich on November 30, 1998 at 18:47:47:

Great idea Bud.
I was so hung up on having “professional” looking signs I completely missed the boat on ideas that were mostly common sense. I have access to a lamination machine at my job so I might try that next time.

Thanks again, Steve (GA)

Where to buy L/O signs? - Posted by Steve (GA)

Posted by Steve (GA) on November 25, 1998 at 11:53:21:

I have checked all the usual places like Ace, True Value, and Home Depot and can not find anyone with signs that say “For Lease”, “Lease Option”, or “Rent to Own”. Anyone have any suggestions or will I have to order them or make them up myself?
Thanks for any help.

Steve (GA)

Thanks everyone… - Posted by Steve (GA)

Posted by Steve (GA) on November 26, 1998 at 19:09:23:

…for the replys. I just doctored up some of my “For Rent” signs like Rob suggested. (JohnG, hope something turns up for you.)

Steve (GA)

I can’t find them either - Posted by JohnG

Posted by JohnG on November 25, 1998 at 22:25:06:

I looked and looked all over. I cannot find them either. So I guess I can’t do any lease options. Darn, and it seemed like there was so much money to be made in them. Oh well, maybe something else will turn up.

Re: Where to buy L/O signs? - Posted by GregN

Posted by GregN on November 25, 1998 at 20:08:58:

Although the ‘homemade’ types may be the best way to go, I’ve had mine done through ‘Sign-o-Rama’ which is a regular old sign store. I put up TONS of signs and can’t see making them all by hand. I get most of my L/O leads from signs. I must put up about 10 per house. They are all around the neighborhood pointing to the house.

Do I get different signs with different direction arrows? Nope, I just have a big, thick line at the bottom when it’s printed. Just before I put up the sign, I draw in a big old arrowhead for the appropriate direction. Staplegun those signs to everything that doesn’t move.

When I ask folks how they found out about the house, most say from the sign, and I usually get one that says ‘I’ve seen your signs everywhere.’ I like that.

Of course, I wouldn’t recommend posting signs where it is against local/state law (wink-wink).

My $0.02.

GregN

Re: Where to buy L/O signs? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on November 25, 1998 at 19:49:12:

I just use standard “for sale” or “for rent” signs. When I want to put a special message on them like “rent to own” or “seller financing”, etc. I use masking tape. Just put the tape on the sign over in a big corner and then handwrite rent to own or whatever on the tape. That way when I am done, I can tear off the tape and re-use the sign.

An idea… - Posted by Soapymac

Posted by Soapymac on November 25, 1998 at 19:27:39:

that might work for you.

1. Find a friend that has a printer program that makes signs or banners.

2. Make up the words the way you want them.

3. Stick the banner on a piece of cardboard, then cover the whole thing with plastic wrap.

4. Cheap, and effective, too. I saw a FOR SALE BY OWNER sign that was just like this last Saturday. As a broker, I call those people to help them with the paperwork of selling…the idea being that when they sell, they would refer me to some of their friends who don’t want to go through the FSBO hassle.

5. The guy had a valid offer (with check!) on Tuesday. Just a variant of Mr. Bronchik’s suggestion, but it worked.

Soapymac

Re: Where to buy L/O signs? - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by DanM(OR) on November 25, 1998 at 18:01:46:

Steve,

I am a Bill Bronchick follower/trainee. I have his course anyway. He reccomends the bigest, ugliest, brightest sign. He even suggests hand-writing it. He has had great success with this technique where he lives anyway.

I have yet to try it, but plan on it. You can get the paper at an OfficeMax store.

Good Luck,

Dan

Re: Where to buy L/O signs? - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on November 25, 1998 at 12:05:50:

As I have been re-reading all the how-to articles on this site, something that I have seen repeated again and again is “nothing works better than a cheap, handwritten sign”. I guess that’s because of price, and who cares if someone takes it down or walks away with it. This is repeated through just about all the L/O articles.

Re: Thanks everyone… - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on November 30, 1998 at 14:08:15:

Late but this may help. Most copy places can laminate up to 11x17. I’ve done “rent to own” double sided and laminated. I then attach above or below a For Sale sign.