Where should I advertise?(Local or Metro) - Posted by JohnR

Posted by Vic on April 19, 2000 at 21:37:50:

…that they know that 50% of their advertising budget is wasted - but not sure which 50% it is.

Vic

Where should I advertise?(Local or Metro) - Posted by JohnR

Posted by JohnR on April 19, 2000 at 15:47:44:

Aloha everyone,
I’m a newbie and have just finished my material for the third time(LeGrand L/O). I have had a RE Attorney review the contracts(He said they were legit here in L.A.). I have just sent in for my DBA(doing business as). Now all I would like to know is whether I should advertise in my local newspaper, Whittier(classifieds) or in the Metro(L.A. Times). I am an unemployed college student, so cash is tight. Also, does anyone know of any L.A. based list brokers? And any other method of finding cheap direct leads.

Mahalo,
John R
Budding REI

Re: Where should I advertise?(Local or Metro) - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on April 19, 2000 at 16:08:04:

This is an interesting question… I have a similar problem… I am in a market that has a huge metropolitan daily that EVERYONE reads. I invest in a suburb that does have a paper that NO ONE reads. So while I would love to advertise in the local paper, it would be a total waste of money. So I bite the bullet and pay about 4 times as much to advertise in the metro paper eventhough I am wasting about 75% of the coverage. (What are the chances that someone looking for a house in Redondo Beach is going to care about YOUR house in Alhambra… Like zero. But what good is advertising in the Alhambra paper if no one reads it??)

Mark