What to do with an uncooperative Real Estate agent - Posted by P.Sturgeon

Posted by Vic on November 30, 2000 at 11:54:32:

First - When you say you faxed info to the agent. What exactly did you fax? Was it a purchase agreement? Was it just a note? What was it? If you told the agent that you wanted to make an offer & that agent refused to reduce your offer to writing, then she may have broken the law or violated the code of ethics. If you didn’t clearly convey your intentions to the agent then that agent did nothing wrong.

Second - How does the agent know that the sellers wanted a higher down payment, unless she presented your offer. That agent cannot make the decision on the down payment alone. It could be that the seller has specifically requested a higher down payment & didn’t want to see any offers unless the down payment was a certain amount. This is unlikely, but it is possible.

Third - Did you sign any kind of a buyer agency agreement with your agent. If not, then you’re free to go to the other agent immediately if you want to, however this could cause a problem betweent the 2 agents. If your agent showed you the property first & then you went straight to the listing agent then your agent could theoretically claim that the commission should be paid to him/her.

You need to provide answers to these questions, along with any other info & you’ll probably get a better answer to your question.

Vic

What to do with an uncooperative Real Estate agent - Posted by P.Sturgeon

Posted by P.Sturgeon on November 30, 2000 at 11:03:50:

My husband and I recently made what we thought was an offer on a home. I faxed the info to the agent. After several days she calls us back and says that she didn’t give them our offer because it wasn’t in writing and they want a much larger down payment. The house isn’t listed directly with her agency, but another…how long do I have to wait before I can deal with the other agency directly? Ready to spit fire!!! Thanks

Re: What to do with an uncoo - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on December 01, 2000 at 11:06:55:

Vic’s info is good. You can also go the managing broker of the office and find out what is going on.