What should I look for in an Real Estate agent? - Posted by Natasha

Re: Way down low … - Posted by A Miller

Posted by A Miller on December 01, 1998 at 11:01:16:

Why is this concept so difficult? An investor can list
by negotiating the listing commission. The listing
agent can take less than 3%. The buyers agent will get
their full commission of 3%. As an investor to sell a
million dollar property and pay an listing agent $30,000.00 to put it in the MLS is ridiculous. You negotiate a fee. What is great for the realtors is not
always great for you. I realize realtors hate this but
it`s a fact of life.

Uhhh … - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on December 02, 1998 at 13:41:26:

By “here” I meant my area of the country - New Jersey.

Relax. There’s no grand conspiracy.

Re: Way down low … - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on December 02, 1998 at 11:39:01:

You’re right - it’s an easy concept. Be too greedy, get nothing.

There are, you know, realtors out there who not only LIST property - but they go and SELL their property also! And yes, these people unfortunately want to get paid for their work. And yes, they have to eat.

If you feel so strongly about it, why not sell it yourself if it’s so easy or just get an open listing and offer x% to whoeever sells it. You may see some action, then again - maybe not. It will sure test your theory that all the listing broker does it stick it in the MLS book.

RL

Re: Way down low … - Posted by Jason (NC)

Posted by Jason (NC) on December 01, 1998 at 14:36:27:

Slow down there big guy. First of all whose doing million dollar deals? Second I simply said I do not see a lot of these properties shown. Third its an opinionated question so dont get so hot. Surely there is someone on here that will give you the right answer. All things are for sale and all things can be negoiated.

Re: Way down low … - Posted by A Miller

Posted by A Miller on December 02, 1998 at 13:42:40:

Redline youre tough. A fuller explanation is-if the listing agent sells the property you pay the full 3% instead of the listing fee. Now I hope I dont sound
like Scrouge so much.