WHAT DOES EVERYONE HERE THINK ABOUT THIS.... - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on December 06, 2000 at 21:49:50:

It’s always best to do everything yourself, but
there are times when the best deals are being sold
by agents.

Telling the agent to take a hike will cause unnecessary headaches. So why not keep him in the picture, give him his commission, and everyone wins.

Not to mention, an agent is more likely to understand the use of trusts and more receptive to the seller at explaining.

The goal is to use trusts in place of options and assignments. The avoids title seasoning issues and what better way to lock in a property until sold.

Houserookie

WHAT DOES EVERYONE HERE THINK ABOUT THIS… - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on December 06, 2000 at 10:37:36:

Now I’m no expert when it comes to trusts and creative financing, so please feel free to comment.

Considering that most lenders will shy away due to title seasoning and most agents not liking us, here is my proposal.

First, contact a local agent. Find a deal, setup a land trust with investor and seller as beneficiaries.

Investor works with agent to sell property for the benefits of seller and investor. There should be no problem here since investor is representing in his own best interest.

There should be no title seasoning problem since title is still under seller name. The agent is still there and getting his commission. Agent now loves you since you are helping him market the property.

Investor continues to find deals, loan sources, and do creative financing.

If the property doesn’t sell, this positions the seller to enter into L/O with investor…or maybe even Pactrust.

Houserookie

Re: WHAT DOES EVERYONE HERE THINK ABOUT THIS… - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on December 06, 2000 at 18:17:53:

Why do you have an agent in the picture. That adds lots of cost to the deal, especially when selling. Do the work yourself and make the money.

Re: WHAT DOES EVERYONE HERE THINK ABOUT THIS… - Posted by lciana

Posted by lciana on December 06, 2000 at 14:15:24:

thanks hrookie,

this make alot a sense. I wonder why everyone isn’t doing this.

Lciana