Vanity phone numbers? - Posted by Sam

Posted by Randall Porter on June 22, 2001 at 17:26:16:

We have billboards up in our market area with our phone # of 298-CASH. We also have the same number in bright yellow letters on the 3 back panels of our Ford Explorers. It is a very easy number to remember when people are driving down the highway and they spot our billboard or one of our trucks.

Vanity phone numbers? - Posted by Sam

Posted by Sam on June 22, 2001 at 16:44:05:

Anyone have any cool vanity phone numbers ? … I’m trying to think of something and looking for ideas … like 4 TO SELL or 42 WE BUY or something similar? Need something easy to remember for my bandit signs.

Re: Vanity phone numbers? - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on June 22, 2001 at 20:34:32:

Sam,
Here is something you may want to play with while you look for a number to use.
www.phonetic.com
This is simply a website where you can put in a number, or words, and get a phone number that makes this happen.
Have fun and good luck,
Jim IL

Re: Vanity phone numbers? - Posted by David Minkin

Posted by David Minkin on June 22, 2001 at 17:30:11:

Actually, it’s against federal law to buy, sell, broker or hoard toll free numbers. It’s first come first serve. I lucked out and got 1-866-ESCROWS when they released the 866 numbers last year. Your best shot is to call a mom and pop phone company in your area and fax them a list of numbers or parts of numbers you’d like with an 800, 888, 877, or 866 prefix. Also, there is a great FREE program called Foneword (check Yahoo for the site) that you can download that will translate words to #'s and vice versa for you.