Vacant house(s) - Posted by Kevin

Posted by Brent_IL on April 30, 2002 at 16:16:11:

1 - I like negotiating as a representative of an LLC that tries to help first-time home buyers. I like using the appeal-to-a-higher-authority.

“Mrs. Seller, I agree with you that your palace is worth $400,000. Unfortunately, company restrictions and parameters set the maximum amount I can pay at $62,000. What-if we …”

2 - The nursing home may release the lien at a discount for cash. I’ve no personal experience.

Vacant house(s) - Posted by Kevin

Posted by Kevin on April 30, 2002 at 15:45:43:

1. Is it better to communicate with the owner of a vacant house as an individual or as an investor wishing to buy his/her property???

2. Does it make sense to communicate with a “lien” holder? I’ve found a house that I’m told has a lein on it put on by a nursing home?? What are my chances with THIS opportunity.

Thanks for any advise.
KC

Re: Vacant house(s) - Posted by jeff

Posted by jeff on April 30, 2002 at 17:03:13:

theres not much sense in talking with the lien holder until youve talked to the owner. you can negotiate that the holder dismiss his lien for $10, but that still wont help you buy a house that the owner has no desire to sell. once you start negotiating with the owner and find out that the desire is there, then the next step is to contact the holder and try a short sale. or maybe set up the amount owed on a payment basis, hopefully youll get the property sold and be able to pay off the lien with some of the profit without actually having to pay much of it yourself. yuor better off not wasting your time by talking to people that cant help you, which is what the lien holder is at this point in time.