VA Repos - Posted by DJR-NV

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on November 06, 2000 at 16:14:21:

She is wrong. Southern Nevada at least allows investors to buy with 5% down. Here is the URL for southern Nevada (through the Phoenix VA office).

http://mirage.towerauction.net/pn/va_prop.htm

VA Repos - Posted by DJR-NV

Posted by DJR-NV on November 06, 2000 at 12:50:13:

Hello,

Recently I read a few posts regarding how the VA has changed their criteria for buying their repos. It was suggested that they (the VA) now allows investors to buy without the usual 10% down. In fact someone said that investors can now buy with just $1000.00 down.

I finally found a local agent who works quite a bit with VA repos and she says that as far as she knows, the criteria for investors has not changed (this was after calling a half dozen agents who knew nothing about VA repos).

So, can someone tell me if this agent is misinformed or is perhaps the VA change something that is only regional? I’m in Nevada.

Thank you for your help.

DJR-NV

Re: VA Repos - Posted by Kate

Posted by Kate on November 07, 2000 at 14:30:36:

In Northern Virginia the down payments for VA foreclosures were just raised from 0% owner occupant/3% investor to 3% owner occupant/5% investor. Occasionally they have a 0% down property, usually one that is a fixer.

Hope this helps,

Kate

Re: VA Repos - Posted by hugh

Posted by hugh on November 07, 2000 at 09:35:32:

Check the info out for yourself. Visit www.vahomes.org/sdn1/em/other.htm and find out the regional office for your area then find out bidding requirements for investors etc… Hope this helps.

Hugh

Re: VA Repos - Posted by Dave T

Posted by Dave T on November 06, 2000 at 20:32:46:

VA offers require an earnest money deposit of 1% of the list price in certified funds.

The down payment requirement may vary by VA district office. For example, the Baltimore MD district office requires a 10% down payment for investors. The Washington DC district office requires a 5% down payment for investors using VA financing.

As a special offering this month, the Washington DC office even has some properties available to investors at nothing down (100% financing).

On a monthly basis, these two offices often change their down payment requirements. The VA rules do change as a response to market conditions. With a lot of properties in a slow market, the VA will make financing very attractive to investors. A couple months ago, the Washington DC office only required 3% down for investor financing.

Hope this helps