Update On This Newbie - Posted by Tonya D Jackson

Posted by mark puckett on November 13, 2000 at 03:19:05:

I purchased the course 2 years ago and studied it like
crazy but never followed through.
I got ingaged and wanted more for her and i believe
cs is the answer.
I,m now following through with the program and injoing it, i have’nt bought a house yet and it’s not from the lack of trying,ive made 7 offers in 1.5 weeks but im injoying making offers becouse every time i do i learn something new and im now real comfortable every time i try.
Theres no dought in my mind that i will buy homes.
QUESTION: Is the new course i see on tv better then the one i bought 2 years ago?
QUESTION: I lost my vidio tapes where can i buy new ones plus the new “money at closing” tape?

Update On This Newbie - Posted by Tonya D Jackson

Posted by Tonya D Jackson on December 17, 1999 at 11:36:05:

Happy Holidays !

I am so back. This week I located three homes my family and I would like to purchase. Two of those we have decided we will make offers on using the info on this site and Carleton Sheets course. One is a five bedroom two bath selling for 43,000 the the other two are four bedrooms one bath selling between 45,000 and 50,000. All look pretty good structurally . they just need cosmetic work. They are being sold as is and owned free and clear(no mortgages) here is our situation
NO CASH< BAD AS WHAT CREDIT AND NO COSIGNERS. The homes are in good neghborhoods and already priced below market value.
Homes in these are are valued between 60,000 and 70,000. We would appreciate any and all ideas suggestions. Our goal is to be in our own home by January 31, 2000 and also have a rental property by February 29th 2000 (that is when our new baby is due).Oh by the way rental values are in the 400-500 dollar range. All are single family homes. Close proximity of each other. Don’t for get to email me and let me know your suggestions they are greatly appreciated and welcomed.

To all those who have been writing me thankyou for your encouragement and thoughtful emails. I will keep in touch and please watch for my updates here.

Many blessing for now and in the new year!!

Thankyou
Merry Christmas and God Bless
Tonya

Re: Update On This Newbie - Posted by Stephen P. Simpson

Posted by Stephen P. Simpson on December 17, 1999 at 21:06:51:

Well it looks like the seller is going to have to help you, if they have no convensional buyers and you are not attractive to a lender, Id offer the seller, if they will hold the paper, their asking price to put them in the mood plus increase the offer to cover all your closing costs and get a rebate at closing (dont forget to include insurance, and any other start up costs. Remind the seller he does not need that big bag of money at closing, that taxes are going to eat up. A nice monthly income is better. (and it is) Give him a nice interest rate offer say 9 3/4%.If he rejects your offer, offer more money for the property or a larger interest rate or give them a good interest rate with a balloon 5 year note (with 30 year payments). Dont forget, the key is to get in the property then refinance later. A motivated seller will almost always take a good interest rate on a balloon note. Make all your home related payments on time and you soon will be a diamond to be refinanced in 5 years. Look for a property with equity to be made, ( I just made 47,000 in equity on a property)you can get a second morgage ( a loan up to what these days, 125% of the value) and now you have cash to get the next property. Make sure your personal income or rental income will support everything I said above or move along to the next .

Re: Update On This Newbie - Posted by Rodney

Posted by Rodney on December 17, 1999 at 19:49:17:

HELLO, LET ME BEGIN BY INTRODUCING MYSELF I AM A 24 YEAR OLD MAN FROM BALTIMORE, MARYLAND. I OWN 3 RENTAL RENTAL PROPERTIES WITH A INCOME OF $900 AFTER P.I.T.I. IF YOU READ THE CARLTON’S COURSE YOU WILL KNOW THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO MAKE THIS DEAL. I HAVE VERY POOR CREDIT AND I FOUND THE ONLY PEOPLE WILLING TO FINANCE ME WERE MORTGAGE BROKERS. THIS MAY BE A POSSIBILITY FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE NO CASH AND NO CREDIT. TRY TO SEE WHAT THE SELLER IS LOOKING FOR. IF HE IS WILLING TO FINANCE YOU, YOU MAY ONLY NEED TO BORROW ENOUGH TO MAKE THE DOWN PAYMENT. (ALTHOUGH MOST MORTGAGE BROKERS HAVE MINIMUM BORROWING AMOUNTS. EX. $20000) YOUR OTHER POSSIBILITY IS TO LOOK AT THE DEAL FROM AN INVESTORS POINT, PUT GETTING YOUR FAMILY INTO A HOME SECOND FOR A BIT. THEN TRY TO MAKE A DEAL TO PURCHASE ONE OF THE HOMES, SINCE YOU ALREADY SAID THEY ARE BELOW MARKET VALUE. TRY TO MAKE YOUR PROFIT THERE. THEN TAKE THE EQUTY OUT OF THAT HOME TO PURCHASE YOUR OWN.