Unique Marketing Techniques - Posted by Doug (ON)

Posted by Katherine on October 21, 2001 at 16:33:33:

Termite inspectors…I spoke with two of them and they said that they come across a lot of older homes that the sellers are thinking about or wanting to sell. Haven’t gotten a deal from them yet.

Unique Marketing Techniques - Posted by Doug (ON)

Posted by Doug (ON) on October 21, 2001 at 10:44:36:

I’d like to compile a list of more ‘unusual’ techniques for finding sellers and buyers.

We all know about bandit signs, classified ads, direct mail, flyers, business cards, expired listings, etc. But what about other ways?

What’s the most interesting or unique way you’ve found motivated sellers and buyers?

I’ll give you an example… my first deal didn’t come about by advertizing. The seller was the borrower on a loan from my dad. He’d gotten into financial problems and had to move out of his 3br condo, but he couldn’t sell it, so he rented it at his cost. Naturally he eventually got sick of having this thing on his hands, and agreed to an L/O.

Doug

Re: Unique Marketing Techniques - Posted by MSchmidt (IL)

Posted by MSchmidt (IL) on October 22, 2001 at 22:57:19:

Look for info here on Richard Roop, they might even sell his course from this site…I dont recall. His background is in marketing and he has some very good stuff. I just seen him speak at the convention in Denver, he uses signs and newspaper ads but they are much different than the standard We buy houses ad’s. He claims he stopped using a lot of advertising as the little that he does use pools so well he cant handle all the phone calls.

Re: Unique Marketing Techniques - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on October 22, 2001 at 20:43:12:

I like the ad on the side of a van or car…

also I like the t-shirt thing. (i’m going to have some made up shortly)

You know biz name on front pocket and real big on the back WE BUY HOUSES!! and whatever else your ad is…

CAREY

Re: Unique Marketing Techniques - Posted by Bob Eberle

Posted by Bob Eberle on October 22, 2001 at 13:34:45:

The most unique methond I’ve every used is pencils and matches. I have a buddy who owns 3 bowling centers and they usually buy these. So I had a bunch printed black ink on bright yellow pencils and matches, I Buy Houses. CASH! Call 453-CASH. Got a $36,000 deal from one pencil.

Yep… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on October 21, 2001 at 22:18:41:

Like Tim said…

Networking…

Which could include teaching others.

What you need are things (marketing techniques) that you can do with repeatabilty, predictability and with the abilty to systemize, to increase them as you choose.

David Alexander

Newspaper… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on October 21, 2001 at 18:38:35:

obituaries, wedding notices, divorce notices, promotion notices, new arrivals to town notices,birth notices, arrest notices, etc. etc. etc.

mailman, any delivery person UPS, FEDex, plumbers, elcetricians, painters, divorce attoreys, bankruptcy attorneys, lawn care people, roofers, goodwill/salvation army, etc. etc. etc.

Re: Unique Marketing Techniques - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on October 21, 2001 at 13:50:11:

In case you haven’t seen it yet, my list is at:

http://www.creonline.com/mm-52.html

Nothing terribly unusual on my list - just fairly normal stuff.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Re: Unique Marketing Techniques - Posted by Tim Fierro (WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (WA) on October 21, 2001 at 11:07:57:

Some of us call that; Sphere of Influence

Leads generated by family, friends, and associates.

I suppose for your list, the word to use would be: Networking

Custom Pen & Pencil Shopping… - Posted by J. Clifton

Posted by J. Clifton on October 22, 2001 at 19:51:59:

Cool idea. I thought about doing the custom product thing a while ago, but didn’t get around to ordering some to try it out. Combined with also mentioning a web address, auto-reply email or a fax on demand number that has details, could be a killer marketing tool. From a quick google search, I came up with these urls for custom pencils/pens, and minimum orders:

http://www.thediscountprinter.com/bictristic.htm (300 pens, $156, or $.52 per pen)

http://www.apexadv.com/nprc/ (2500 assorted pencils, $375, or $.15 per pencil)

http://www.wadayaneed.com/cheappens.htm (250 cheap pens, $60, or $.24 per pen)

LOL! Cool :slight_smile: (nt) - Posted by Doug (ON)

Posted by Doug (ON) on October 22, 2001 at 16:17:35:

Re: Unique Marketing Techniques - Posted by osirus

Posted by osirus on October 22, 2001 at 15:47:12:

Who did you have print up your matches and pencils… a local print shop? How much did it cost?