Tough decision - Posted by Keith Bock

Posted by Scot - SoCal on June 13, 2001 at 13:10:26:

nt

Tough decision - Posted by Keith Bock

Posted by Keith Bock on June 12, 2001 at 14:45:10:

I am about to make a purchase for a real estate investor’s course. The problem I have is between Carlton Sheets and Ron Legrand. Carlton’s program is much cheaper than Ron’s so I’m wondering about the content. Ron has a coaching program where you work one-on-one with a mentor through all your deals for a whole year. It’s expensive but seems to be the way to approach this business as a “newbie”. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Re: Tough decision - Posted by Ronald * Starr

Posted by Ronald * Starr on June 17, 2001 at 24:27:37:

Keith Bock----------------

You don’t need to rush to decision. Those materials will be for sale for several more months, at the minimum. You can check out more of CREONLINE.COM and other similar websites which deal with real estate investing.

I suggest you look at Jack Reed’s website: johntreed.com . He shares his opinion of many real estate investing gurus. There are people who post at CREONLINE.COM who disagree with Jack. But, for the gurus he mentions and I know of those people, he and I mostly agree.

Also, Jack has a section on his website for potential beginners. You can see that for free. And he sells a short book for beginners at a price which is considerably lower than the courses you have cited. It is not an investment course, it is advice on how to do investing.

Jack is not always right. But, as he himself will say, he is never unsure that he is right.

Good Investing and Good InvestigatingRon Starr***

Re: Tough decision - Posted by K.Tyler Smith(N.Va)

Posted by K.Tyler Smith(N.Va) on June 12, 2001 at 22:23:43:

Keith,
Trying to make the decision as to what course to purchase is tough. I, myself purchased Carleton’s course first and it was enough to get my creative real estate investing juices flowing. I also bought LeGrand’s courses as well which are very good but as you know are a little more expensive. I guess the old cliche of “you get what you paid for” applies here though because Ron’s courses come loaded with a ton of useful information.
Before you purchase Carleton’s or Ron’s courses though, visit this website of William Bronchick (www.legalwiz.com) He is an attorney that also does real estate investing and he has explained the creative real estate investing process to me the best by far. The prices of all of his courses run between that of Carleton and Ron’s and they come jam packed with useful information. Give him a try.

Good Luck in your investing career !

K.Tyler Smith

Re: Tough decision - Posted by Trish Beer

Posted by Trish Beer on June 12, 2001 at 19:10:33:

Keith, I bought Carlton Sheets program two years ago &
have yet to buy a property. We were low on money and
thought we had found a way out of debt. I later received a call from his company and for $3000. I could
get one on one help. Well no thanks, I been fooled enough. Good luck! Be sure and research both before
you buy anything. The area you live in makes the
program work or not. Sounds too good to be true–and
it is.

Re: Tough decision - Posted by missy

Posted by missy on July 06, 2001 at 18:10:22:

What did you mean by the statement, “The area you live in makes the program work or not”?

Re: Tough decision - Posted by Kent Cheatham

Posted by Kent Cheatham on June 22, 2001 at 01:48:26:

I had a Carlton Course given me by a guy who never tried. It re-inforced many of my common sense views. I found it straight forward and honest. I shy away from the borrow from hse A to fin B with a wrap on C thing. Scares bankers around here. I keep it simple but I dont do zero downers…all mine paid me cash profits after rehabbing and refi’ing before I ever put a renter into them.

Re: Tough decision - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on June 13, 2001 at 08:06:19:

It has NOTHING to do with the area you live in. The concepts work ANYWHERE, ANY TOWN, USA!!!

It’s not a question of whether the course works or not, the course is just INFORMATION telling you HOW to work IT! The question is, DO YOU WORK???

What do you think you were buying, a course that once you buy it, a piece of property will just appear in your drive way the next morning? WRONG!

You talked to some real estate agents and they told you that doesn’t work in this area? WRONG! If they knew HOW to WORK THE COURSE, they wouldn’t be waisting their time working for TIPS (commissions), they would be DOING IT THEMSELVES!

Do NOT listen to those that tell you it can’t work in your area, it DOES WORK, IF YOU WORK IT!

Are there NO divorces in your area? Are there NO job losses in your area? Are there NO job transfers in your area? Are there NO people that own a home and have purchased another home to live in and are stuck with two mortgage payments because they haven’t sold the first home yet, in your area? Are there NO homes in need of major repairs in your area? Are there NO homes that are sitting vacant in your area? Are there NO homes where owners are behind on the property taxes in your area? Are there NO people that ever die and leave their home to someone, like relatives that don’t live in the area and don’t want to deal with the property, in your area? Are there NO foreclosures in your area? Are there NO people behind on their mortgage payments in your area? Are there NO homes for rent in your area (burnt out, tired landlords)? COUNT ON IT! THEY ARE ALL EXISTING IN YOUR AREA!

If not, then please tell me where this PERFECT WORLD is that you live in??? I’ll move their myself!

YOU have to learn the RIGHT WAY to approach this business if you expect to be successful and get any results. Just running around looking for houses is the WRONG WAY to approach this! MOST, people selling a home are NOT motivated to sell. If they’re NOT MOTIVATED to sell, then this won’t work, regardless of the area you live in! The RIGHT WAY to approach this business is to STOP LOOKING FOR HOUSES…START LOOKING FOR MOTIVATED SELLERS!

Key word, “MOTIVATED” SELLERS! Look for people that are MOTIVATED and you will find the deals! But, in order to succeed at finding the people that are MOTIVATED, YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR DUFF AND GET OUT THERE AND WORK THE COURSE!

The course will not work for you, YOU must work the course!!!

The course will only give you information on how it can work. YOUR BRAIN must develop it’s CREATIVE THINKING PROCESS in order to come up with the solutions to SOLVE the seller’s PROBLEM! People with a PROBLEM are the people that are MOTIVATED! GET IT???

MOTIVATED!

MOTIVATED SELLER = PROBLEMS = FINDING SOLUTIONS = DEALS TO BE HAD = SUCCEEDING = WINNER!!!

WHINING = EXCUSES = NOTHING = FAILURE = LOSER!!!

You have TWO CHOICES! Sit on your duff and make EXCUSES by WHINING how it doesn’t work where you live, OR, GET OUT THERE AND MAKE IT HAPPEN! YOU MUST WORK IT!!!

A WINNER WILL NOT BE DENIED!!!