title search and notarization qest. - Posted by victor

Posted by Brent_IL on November 17, 2000 at 20:14:26:

OK by statute in Illinois. Only state I know.

title search and notarization qest. - Posted by victor

Posted by victor on November 16, 2000 at 07:40:35:

Hi all,

1. Can anyone please tell me how do I get my documents notarized cheapest way possible?

2. What is the most cost effective way to do a title search?

3. When doing a land trust assignment ‘trick’ (Bill Bronchick’s materials) if assignment of beneficial interest from original owner to the trustee of the trust is not recorded, how can it be enforced?

Thanks,
Victor

Re: title search and notarization qest. - Posted by Ray

Posted by Ray on November 16, 2000 at 13:02:28:

1. Call around your area to Mail Boxes,etc. as well as the Yellow Pages. Ask pricing for traveling notary also. Check on paying for someone you know to get their notary license and your fees are cut. Check your state laws on limitations for relations on who can notarize your paperwork.

2. Do it yourself by learning from a book such as Bryan Wittenmyer’s Hidden Secrets of a Real Estate Technician. Call a title company in your area and check their charges. Ask them what the costs would be if you do so many transactions through them per month/year. You may be able to get this done at no cost if you are buying title insurance through them.
    You can also request to hang with the title researcher to learn a few tricks. Treat him or her well with lunch.
    3.A trust is created with a trustee and one or more beneficiaries. The property is deeded from the seller to the trust with the trustee holding legal and equitable title under the direction of the beneficiaries who are not publicly disclosed. The beneficiaries hold personal property interest with is assigned by an assignment of beneficial interest to additional beneficiaries. The assignment is from one beneficiary to another-not to the trustee. The only thing the public sees is the trustee’s name. All beneficial interest is secret.

Re: title search and notarization qest. - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on November 16, 2000 at 22:24:45:

Question 1. I talked my wife into becoming a notary. A spouse can notarize the signature of the other partner. 24-hour service. If you do many restaurant meetings, ask the manager or favored waitress if they would like to become a notary for free. You pay for fees and stamp and you have a free notary as long as the restaurant is open.

Re: title search and notarization qest. - Posted by RES(ga)

Posted by RES(ga) on November 17, 2000 at 20:06:12:

Be very careful using your spouse. I’m a traveling notary/signing agent. Many states frown on a spouse notarizing for their spouse. A notary should not have any beneficial interest in the documents being signed and it could be said that a spouse has a beneficial interest in their spouse’s transactions.