Time to get off the pot - Posted by scott in va

Posted by Doug Pretorius on July 20, 2000 at 20:24:03:

Well, first, you don’t need a bank. There goes that delay and cost. Plus, no bank, no credit check!

If you really (and I mean REALLY) don’t have ANY money, like, not even a few hundred bucks to pay a lawyer to close. You can always find a buyer who will close on their land contract with you at the same time as you close “subject to” with the seller.

Or you could use an L/O with which you don’t need a lawyer.

Doug

Time to get off the pot - Posted by scott in va

Posted by scott in va on July 20, 2000 at 13:28:57:

First of all let me say that this web site is going to change my life.I got cs program about a yr ago and did nothing with it.Then one day i found it in a desk and decided it was time to get motivated and change my life.While i was looking for cs info stumbled across this site and love it.The question i have is i have read every post on here for the last 3 weeks and because of my fiancial situation i have decide to try lease option or flipping.The question i have is when do you go from researching to actually following through and do something.I know there are many knowledgable people in here and i want to hear from all of you on when you made the decision to go from just reading to actually doing thanks in advance. scott

Re: Time to get off the pot - Posted by Doug Pretorius

Posted by Doug Pretorius on July 20, 2000 at 17:55:21:

Like your mother used to say when you groaned about cleaning your room: DO IT RIGHT NOW!

Start advertising. It’s the only way.

The calls aren’t going to start pouring in right away, so place that ad! Put up those signs! Mail those FSBOs!

Put together a little script of what you want to say when sellers do call. Focus on questions that will help you learn what their problem is, if you think you can solve it tell them you have a couple of ways you might be able to help them, and offer to meet in person.

I got Bronchick’s Cash Cow course and started advertising shortly after finishing it. Did I have all the pieces in place? NO! Did I know if I could close on a deal? NO! I didn’t even have a lawyer willing to do the paperwork. But who cares? You need to talk to sellers and find ones who want you to help them, long before you need to worry about whether to use a land trust or a lease/option.

What’s the point of knowing the ins and outs of contract law if you haven’t even found someone that wants to sell their house?

It’s like buying a car, getting insurance and planning your first trip before you’ve even got an appointment to take the driving test!

Doug

Re: Time to get off the pot - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on July 20, 2000 at 21:40:49:

Make sure you know your market! Have you looked at 100 houses. Do you know value and rents. Then advertise, would be my suggestion.

Re: Time to get off the pot - Posted by scott in va

Posted by scott in va on July 20, 2000 at 18:43:59:

Thanks doug what exactly do i say in my ads

Re: Time to get off the pot - Posted by Doug Pretorius

Posted by Doug Pretorius on July 20, 2000 at 18:49:27:

Mine says: “Sell Your House FAST! We’ll take over and make up back payments.”

Or how about: “I’ll Buy Your House! Any Area. Any Condition. Quick Close!”

Or: “Need To Sell FAST? We can close in days!”

Doug

Re: Time to get off the pot - Posted by scott in va

Posted by scott in va on July 20, 2000 at 20:06:02:

how can i close in days when i have no credit or money