Thought for the day.... - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by jerry on October 29, 2000 at 12:55:04:

Beautiful. Should be the basis for a Sunday Morning Sermon. Upon reflection . . . it was.

Jerry

Thought for the day… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on October 29, 2000 at 11:58:39:

Thought for the day

A friend sent this to me, and I thought I’d share it with you…

The Trouble Tree

I hired a carpenter to help me restore an old farmhouse. He had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric saw quit and now his ancient pickup refused to start.
While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited me to meet his family.

As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.

When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.

Afterwards he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.

“Oh, that’s my trouble tree,” he replied. “I know I can’t help having troubles on the job, but one thing for sure, troubles don’t belong in the house with my wife and the children. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home. Then in the morning I pick them up again.”

“Funny thing is,” he smiled, " when I come out in the morning to pick “em up, there aren’t nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.”

Ed Garcia