Those who use Direct Mailings- question - Posted by Mattk

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on January 27, 2003 at 21:11:27:

Matt K--------------

As I live in CA which is a big state, I like to mail to out-of-area owners–those who seem to live at least 1 hour drive from the town where the property is.

I had one successful mailing a couple of years ago and sever non-successess at that time. A few months ago I made a couple of mailings and had no success. However, I have cards ready to go out now for a couple of new maiings.

If you want to work with vacant land parcels or lots, that is a personal decision. Here in Coastal CA that could make sense with many lots over $100K in value. I don’t think I would do it for vacant lots in Oklahoma City, where I see advertisements of people wanting to sell vacant lots for $100 each.

Good InvestingRon Starr*******

Those who use Direct Mailings- question - Posted by Mattk

Posted by Mattk on January 27, 2003 at 19:56:56:

OK

When doing direct mailings to out of state owners do you think it is best to put the Husbands name or the Wifes name???

Any studies on the chances of a female opening a letter over a male. Just wondering.

– Matt

Re: Those who use Direct Mailings- question - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on January 27, 2003 at 20:47:04:

Matt K-----------------

I have heard of no studies. I like to put “Harry or Sally Propertyrich” in the addresses. That way, either of them can feel comfortable opening the envelop.

Good InvestingRon Starr**

Re: Those who use Direct Mailings- question - Posted by Mattk

Posted by Mattk on January 27, 2003 at 20:56:46:

Good idea Ron,

Do you have much success with mailings to out of state owners?

I was also considering mailing to out of state land owners as well.

– Matt