This Notarization Thing - Posted by Luke

Posted by JoeS on October 23, 2000 at 06:40:14:

States vary in their laws, however, I found that it is a good idea to have ALL docs notorized. This way, there can be no misunderstanding of what was signed, the last thing you need is someone saying that their signature was forged. I always have the closing at the same title company, again, so that there will be no misunderstanding. Hope this helps.

This Notarization Thing - Posted by Luke

Posted by Luke on October 23, 2000 at 01:51:57:

Do all signatures have to be notorized or just the sellers?

What documents have to be notorized? I know the deed needs to be, but how bout all the other docs? and do both seller and buyers signatures need notorization?

Someone please clear this up! I’m so cornfused on this.

Luke

Two points to add… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on October 24, 2000 at 19:38:06:

1. I would not notarize everything, it can get expensive, its a waste of time and doesNOT guarentee against forgery.

2. Your spouse, relative, business partner can NOT notarize your documents if they have any direct or indirect fiancial interest in the transaction for which the document is generated.

Re: This Notarization Thing - Posted by Brent Evans_IL

Posted by Brent Evans_IL on October 23, 2000 at 18:58:17:

My statement to be notarized says that the purchaser is affirming the seller signed the sales contract in his presence, and attests that he signed in person. One signature required. I’ve never had anyone dispute his or her signature. In Cook and Dupage counties in Illinois the clerks just look for the stamp and the Notary’s signature before filing. Pay for a friend or significant other to become a notary. It’s cheap and facilitates midnight notarizations

Re: This Notarization Thing - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on October 23, 2000 at 08:26:15:

Normally anything that will need to be recorded in the public records has to be notarized. Otherwise the clerk won’t allow it to be recorded.