They got McCorkle...who should be next? - Posted by Jon

Posted by wally on November 05, 1998 at 13:04:55:

John Reed the King of Misinformation is next I guarentee it !

They got McCorkle…who should be next? - Posted by Jon

Posted by Jon on November 05, 1998 at 10:13:44:

My vote has to go to Greg Hickman of Capital South Mortgage, and his partners in crime, Capital Investment Systems, most recently touted by Robin Leach. Talk about the ultimate scam…send us $5000, pay your way to Vegas to learn how to buy notes, then just sell them to us! We’ll buy all your notes! Plus, here are 10 $500 coupons…just send in one with each deal we do, and we’ll refund your money, so after you do 10 deals, you get your $5000 back. How can you lose?

I must have sent the guy 20 deals, every one of them turned down for whatever reason. Then, one day, literally overnight, the phone lines are disconnected and the offices are emptied out. This was almost 4 years ago, and I’m still mad about it.

My bank account is $5000 smaller, but I am certainly much wiser.

How did you get so many notes ? - Posted by Tom Pylant

Posted by Tom Pylant on November 11, 1998 at 22:25:24:

I would really like to know how you got that many.
Can you give me a hint?
Tom
thomasp@linkline.com

If you are finding that many notes contact me! - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on November 06, 1998 at 24:20:07:

You said you found 20 “deals” that was passed on if you have more contact me @ the email address above.
I do not want your money just the deals. I will pay a finders fee based on the note. Keep in mind I must make a good yeild 25% minimum
Pat

Re: They got McCorkle…who should be next? - Posted by Matthew Chan

Posted by Matthew Chan on November 05, 1998 at 18:25:29:

Ummm… anyone who asks for your money and claims to make money for you is questionable in my book.

But people who offer educational products and advice are not quite in the same category. It is up to the INDIVIDUAL to do the work. That is the bottom line. Get the knowledge, then get out there and work to make money.

I don’t believe anyone will make it for me. They may show me ways to do it, but I will have to do the work in the end.

That is my stance on avoiding scams.