The Bandit Signs Are Up - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on April 20, 2002 at 13:18:19:

Hey JB,

My signs just came this past week. Went by the Realtor Assoc. Building, but there was no pole to put the sign on so I’ve got to go out and buy some stakes. The plan is still to do that after I get my stakes to put the sign on.

The Bandit Signs Are Up - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on April 20, 2002 at 09:18:59:

Got my signs I ordered at the convention from David’s Bandit Signs. The signs were nicely done and look very professional.Thanks David and crew. Their customer service was EXCELLENT as they e mailed me and phoned me to verify that I got my signs and to see if I was happy with them.

Well at dusk last night I went out with signs, a hammer, 1 1/2 inch roofing nails and my trusty 2 step step ladder. The signs go up, the first being placed on the telephone pole next to the Century 21 office. I drive by this morning and it’s still up. And their parking lot had a few of the realtor cars there. You’d think that the realtors would take the sign down, but not yet.

Going out again tonight for some more sign placements. Now this is fun. To be continued.

Haven’t You Heard They’re Illegal? . . . - Posted by DaveD(WI)

Posted by DaveD(WI) on April 22, 2002 at 09:27:12:

I can already picture the sleezy grin on your face when you get your first hot lead. Good luck!

What a coincidence - Posted by Scott OKC

Posted by Scott OKC on April 20, 2002 at 23:41:51:

Phil-
What a coincidence. I just put my first bandit signs up today. I was hastled by 2 police officers - one made me take the sign down he saw me put up. But I wasn’t going to let that deter me…I’ve gotten 2 calls in one day. Plan to put up a bunch more tomorrow and see how many of my first batch are still up.

Re: The Bandit Signs Are Up - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on April 20, 2002 at 11:08:55:

How many signs did you put up and how long did it take you to put up the signs? Also, is this the first time that you’re putting up your signs?

Re: The Bandit Signs Are Up - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on April 20, 2002 at 12:36:26:

First time putting up the signs. I only put up 5 last night. How long did it take for me to put each sign up. I didn’t have a stop watch so not sure. My guess is that it took about 30 seconds per sign. Of course I’m 50 years old and had to go up two steps on my step ladder. My guess if you are younger you could probably shave off at least 5 seconds from my time.

If you’re asking how long did it take me to put up all 5 signs, I’d say 5 minutes as they were all put up in the same general neighborhood.

Re: The Bandit Signs Are Up - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on April 20, 2002 at 13:12:43:

Wait a second! Didn’t you put up signs in front the association of realtors building a while back?

How long did that sign last BTW? Get any calls from it?

Re: The Bandit Signs Are Up - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on April 20, 2002 at 21:04:54:

About 2 months ago I got some professional magnetic “i buy houses” signs put on my truck. It’s hillarioius looking at the other Realtor’s faces when I pull into our Realtor Associations parking lot to pick up supplies.