Thanks - Posted by Jennifer

Posted by Jennifer on June 20, 2001 at 09:50:29:

Wow – you are inspiring!!! Good luck and please wish the same for me! :slight_smile:

Thanks - Posted by Jennifer

Posted by Jennifer on June 20, 2001 at 08:46:12:

I want to thank everyone who responded to my post yesterday. The advice was excellent and I really needed that boost! I’m feeling much more motivated today – just needed time to regroup I think. I plan on one day sharing a success story!

Re: Rollercoaster - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on June 20, 2001 at 11:50:42:

When I started investing, I was going from the highest highs to the lowest lows, based on how my investing was going. Those of us who are getting into investing from non-sales careers really have no concept of what it’s like to live like this. My wife used to be a sales-person for several years before she quit to stay home with the kids. She used to try to explain that this is just the way it is in sales. Get used to it.

This really is a sales job, you know. You’re either “selling a seller” on why they should sell to you, or you are selling a buyer on why they need to sign your sales contract.

Over the last couple of years, I’ve adjusted. Every time I make a great deal, I calm myself down as much as I can, knowing there will be a time when nothing seems to be working. And at those times, instead of getting too frustrated, I realize things will get better again. I understand the flow much better now.

It sounds like you are starting to understand, as well.

Stacy

Guess what comes after being bummed…2 Deals! - Posted by Nathan(oh)

Posted by Nathan(oh) on June 20, 2001 at 09:01:07:

I was feeling the same way a few days ago and just tried harder. Well, yesterday I signed 2 deals and I now have 2 reasons to celebrate. One was a lease option with no money down, the other a rehab I got on a land contract. What a world. My attitude has certainly changed. So now everytime I get discouraged, I know there will be a deal or two right around the corner. Now its time to make some money!!!