Texturing the paneling? - Posted by Chuck (CA)

Posted by Don-NY on February 11, 2003 at 13:22:41:

This procedure and the water leveling stuff is explained in a book I bought off WWW.mobilehomerepair.com it is a good site for people like us! they used joint compound and a trowel.

Texturing the paneling? - Posted by Chuck (CA)

Posted by Chuck (CA) on February 10, 2003 at 12:12:51:

I was in a “Lonnie” deal home over the weekend. A guy bought a 1976, 12 x 60, 2/2, for $1000.00. He had just moved it into the park. I was lucky to catch him when he was completing his to do list and deciding what improvements he was going to do.

He told me that he’s been doing this four years. He seems to know what he’s doing.

Here is my question: Have you ever heard of texturing paneling to give the interior a clean contempory look?

Seems odd to me! Sunday, I returned to the park to see the interror. WOW! is all I can say. The interior looked fantastic. The old brown stuff was gone.

What do think of this idea?

Any experience doing this?

Re: Texturing the paneling? - Posted by Jim (FL)

Posted by Jim (FL) on February 18, 2003 at 09:22:10:

I texture all my homes (I buy junk). I use an air compressor to spray on the joint compound. The finished product is the MH looks just like a new stick built home in any neighborhood. Buyers love it!

Re: Texturing the paneling? - Posted by Gib

Posted by Gib on February 10, 2003 at 20:59:36:

I’ve done it. My wife’s idea actually. She used a textured wall paper that nearly matches the orange peel texturing you do on drywall. Coat of paint over and you can hardly tell the difference.

Gib