Tax lien foreclosure question. - Posted by Mike

Posted by Ben on October 15, 1999 at 20:49:26:

What you purchase depends on whether are you in it for the interest or to own property ? Most people in this industry are looking for the interest therefore they choose good properties with mortgages on them which are not likely to go to foreclosure. On the other hand if you want to own property, make sure there is NO mortgage, or it is abandoned or is vacant land or in the inner cities where chances of redemption
are very low.

Tax lien foreclosure question. - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on October 10, 1999 at 21:13:21:


I bought a property via a tax lien certificate recently. The redemption period has passed and I will be acquiring title in a couple of weeks. This particular property happens to be in good condition and the owner is still living there. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about removing this person from the premises? I need to know legally what needs to be done and how I might get this done with the least amount of potential damage that might be caused.


Tax Lien Strategy - Posted by arlissa

Posted by arlissa on October 14, 1999 at 09:35:53:

I just recently started investing in tax liens. I’m currently working on a strategy.

Do you think that it’s better to start out with current liens, build cash through payoff, then, when funds are available, purchase one near redemption period end and foreclose OR start off with properties that are near redemption period end?

Re: Tax lien foreclosure question. - Posted by Jessica_MA

Posted by Jessica_MA on October 11, 1999 at 14:50:54:

The best way to do with the least damage is bribe the people out. Offer to pay for their moving expense, etc. This could be faster and saving you more money than to go to an attorney and have to go through the whole eviction process. Unless the owners are not willing to move, then contact your attorney asap!!

Hope this helps.


Re: Tax lien foreclosure question. - Posted by Zoran

Posted by Zoran on October 10, 1999 at 21:41:07:

Just contact a local attorney and he will do the rest for a couple hundred dollars