Taking Down Bandit Signs - Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI)

Posted by Carey_PA on August 25, 2001 at 18:11:10:

BMP,

I asked this same exact question down the board a week ago. Jim FL suggests leaving them up.

I was going to take mine down on sunday after I had put them up on friday nite. I listened to Jim’s advice though and I kept them up.

All I gotta say is thank GOD I listened to his advice because I got 1 call on Saturday and then after sunday (the day i was going to take them down) I got 10 calls!!!

So, leave 'em up and know that some of them are going to get taken down…just keep driving by and hammering them back into the ground :slight_smile:

I put more up last nite hehehehe I LOVEEEE bandit signs

CAREY

Taking Down Bandit Signs - Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI)

Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI) on August 25, 2001 at 17:22:42:

For those of you using bandit signs:

Do you go back out and take them down in a few days or do you consider it a sunk cost and leave them up until somebody steals them?

I put 25 up between 4:30am and 6:30am today (Saturday). I’m thinking about retracing my route later Sunday evening and taking down the ones that are still up.

Thanks!

BMP

I do both… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on August 25, 2001 at 23:49:13:

I have some that are put out with the builders signs, those I have put out on Friday evenings… and taken down on Sundays… I use expensive metal stakes with those… Lost more than a few awhile back…

I also have signs put on wooden stakes the kind you get a home depot and pay someone to put those on and put the signs out… I leave those out… it’s worth it.

Lately I’ve been putting out a 100 per weekend no matter what.

Expect to pick up about 6 houses this week… which is great since I had hit a dry spot for a little while.

BanditSigns work! but dont forget your other methods either… I always have my signs in the paper… and constantly let folks know that I buy deals.

David Alexander

Re: Taking Down Bandit Signs - Posted by Doug (ON)

Posted by Doug (ON) on August 25, 2001 at 19:35:07:

I’m going to do the old put’em up, take’em down routine for a couple of weeks to test the waters. Because around here there are NO, and have never been ANY, “We Buy Homes” signs. So I want to see how the community reacts.

If everything goes well, I’ll start leaving them up throughout the week. But I’m going to move them around to different parts of town every week or two. I just want to avoid complaints. I doubt that the locals will complain if they’re up for even a month or two at a time, but realtors almost OWN this city and I can only imagine the flak I’m moving toward with them!

Doug