Stock market money going to Real Estate ? - Posted by JohnG

Posted by Kevin(OK) on October 09, 1998 at 10:09:26:

I myself welcome a correction in our economy. Right now I have to beat the bushes just to find people who should be motivated, I go to negotiate with them, BUT THEY STILL WANT FMV FOR THEIR PROPERTIES!! It is ridiculous! I dream of a day, like the days of old, where many people are in distress. Then, like a night in shining armor, I ride in with my breifcase in hand, and take that property off of their hands for $0.00 out of pocket. The kicker is, they will be thanking me for saving them. These days of old will be here soon, I can feel it!

Kevin(OK)

Stock market money going to Real Estate ? - Posted by JohnG

Posted by JohnG on October 09, 1998 at 07:05:25:

Now that the world is going to heck in a handbasket as far as the stock market is going , does this follow that there will be a huge amount of capital that will now flow into the real estate market ?
I understand that REITS are cutting back because of stock market losses - they get their money from the stock market,
Large pension funds are expected to re-allocate some of their holdings into real estate as well.
Will the overall net effect be positive or negative for the real estate market ?