Steph -- Can You Help Me Out? - Posted by Marbs

Posted by Marbs on November 17, 2000 at 07:31:30:

Steph, thanks for the help! Greatly appreciated.

Steph – Can You Help Me Out? - Posted by Marbs

Posted by Marbs on November 16, 2000 at 11:22:33:

Hi Steph,

I just searched the archives for posts on how to get a good response from owners in preforeclosure, and I noticed a good post from you in September. In that post, you said that you typically send out 3 mailings to preforeclosures: a handwritten note, a printed letter from your computer, and a post card. What has worked best for you? Would you mind sharing the text of these items with me? It seems that my initial communication with these owners could be critical.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!

David Marble

Re: Steph – Can You Help Me Out? - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by steph in tex on November 16, 2000 at 19:51:38:

Hi David,

I’ve found that there is truly no one way that works best. This is the reason I send out the 3 different types of mailings.
There are those folks who feel better if they think it’s just a individual they’re dealing with. Those are my handwritten ones that are something like this:
Dear homeowner,
I am an investor in the area and heard that this house might be coming up for sale in the near future. I need to buy 3 houses within the next 45 days to avoid paying high tax fees. If you are at all thinking of selling, PLEASE give me a call at -------.
something like that.
Then there are those that want to deal with a professional, someone who’s big business.
Those people get the form letter.
Dear Mr and Mrs. XXX,
In researching the court house records, it has come to our attention that your home may be facing foreclosure.
There are several options available to you such as the following:
refinance
BK
sell your house fast

anyway… you get the jist.

Then the post cards are for the people that are avoiding all communication. The cards are colorful, and look like they may have won something. This at least will get them to look at the darn thing. Then I just say WE BUY HOMES. any price any condition. fast closings. cash in 10 days or less. Sometimes it works.

The one thing about the foreclosure market is the denial these folks are in. Many won’t even answer their doors. They are just hoping the whole thing will just go away. Not gonna happen…

Hope this helps a bit, but feel free to email me direct,
or call me at 800-967-6038

Good luck

steph in tex

Re: Steph – Can You Help Me Out? - Posted by Bob Richards

Posted by Bob Richards on November 17, 2000 at 13:45:14:

Hi Steph,

Looks like you’ve got a great system there. I have one question though: how do you determine who gets the individual note, letter or postcard? Or do you start with one and then based on lack of response, switch to another form of communication? And if you do, which one do you switch to and why?

Just wondering.

Thanks,
Bob Richards