State of Washington - Posted by Debie Batterson

Posted by Debie - WA on December 09, 2003 at 16:34:35:

I’m live in Renton/Maple Valley, and work in Seattle.

State of Washington - Posted by Debie Batterson

Posted by Debie Batterson on December 09, 2003 at 14:59:48:

Does anyone out there know how many deals you can do in the State of Washington without a dealer’s license, or where I might find out? I would also love any recommendations for an accountant that works with other investors in this area.

“deals you can do” = “sales” - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on December 09, 2003 at 15:30:12:

the answer is four.

go here:

VEHICLE DEALERS:

Activity that requires a vehicle dealer license.

Engaging in the business of buying, selling, listing, exchanging, offering, brokering, leading with option to purchase, auctioning, soliciting, or advertising the sale of new or used vehicles, or arranging or offering or attempting to solicit or negotiate on behalf of others, a sale, purchase, or exchange of interest in new or used motor vehicles.
A dealer license is required for a person (or company) to sell any vehicle for which they are not named on the title.
In one twelve month period, you can sell four (4) vehicles that are registered to you. The 5th sale (or selling any vehicle not owned, registered, or titled to you) is considered dealer activity.

LICENSE FEES
$500 For the original license ($750 beginning July 1, 2002).
$250 For the annual renewal.

BONDS
Thirty thousand dollars for motor vehicle dealers.
Thirty thousand dollars for mobile home, park trailer, and travel trailer dealers.
Five thousand dollars for miscellaneous dealers.

“ESTABLISHED PLACE OF BUSINESS” REQUIREMENTS
To qualify for any class of vehicle dealer license, the applicant must have an “established place of business” in Washington state, as follows"
A properly zoned commercial building where busines records are kept, and
A permanent exterior sign, and
A business telephone listing, and
The business must keep normal office hours.
See applicable RCWs and WACs for detailed specific information on Vehicle Dealer requirements.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Debie, where are you located? I am very happy to assist you with WA-specific questions - be aware, though; I may not serve you cedar-planked Silver, I may teach you to fish.

There are many WA investors here, both new and crusty; all are willing helpers.

Re: State of Washington - Posted by Debie - WA

Posted by Debie - WA on December 09, 2003 at 16:04:19:

Thanks, Steve!

I had the info you sent, but somehow missed the number of sales per year. I am gearing up for my first Lonnie deal, and using my lunch hour to study. I appreciate your help.

Have a nice day!

where are you debie? nt - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on December 09, 2003 at 16:29:01: