Start up in Arizona - Posted by Chuck

Posted by George AZ on December 01, 2000 at 02:53:33:


Unless you plan to have a mobile home lot, you can certainly run this type of thing out of the home.Mobile Home dealers are regulated and licensed by the state thru The Dept of Building And Fire Safety. The bureaucrat I spoke with there assured me that a license is necessary even for only one sale a year.Typical of govt agencies trying to justify their existance by creating hassles for people conducting business among themselves. If you stay small scale and low profile you can probably remain undetected and avoid the multi-hundred dollar fees and ongoing scrutiny that licensing requires. Just treat people right of course. If you plan on operating at the volume and scale that Lonnie & Earnst do, then licensing is probably wise. Consider buying a MBH building lot and getting a MBH to set up and sell. Let me know. George

Start up in Arizona - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on November 30, 2000 at 14:39:43:


Can this business be run out of the home in Arizona? Are there limits to the number of MH’s that one can sell. Is a license necessary?

Thanks in advance!