Southwest Florida - Posted by Pat

Posted by RichV(FL) on January 05, 2005 at 05:21:33:

Nancy,

The markets on both coasts of Florida and Orlando have been booming over the past few years. I have not been to the Jacksonville area in a few years but I understand the are seeing the same upswing in that market.

But it is a larger market than what I am in. Do some research…there may be deals to be had.

Regards,

RichV(FL)

Southwest Florida - Posted by Pat

Posted by Pat on January 03, 2005 at 18:00:39:

Anyone doing deals in the red hot markets of Sarasota, Venice, North Port Florida? Just a couple of years ago I could (and did) purchase HUD repos in these markets. It’s so hot now, with properties being bid up in the MLS and folks paying cash for half million dollar homes, I’m not sure how to get some more action. Anyone have ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Pat in North Port

Re: Southwest Florida - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on January 04, 2005 at 05:04:26:

Pat,

Deals are getting thin here. Im in the Sarasota area (Venice) also. Of course I still hunt for deals here but I do not limit myself to one market anymore. I have spread myself out into the Tampa area (Tarpon Springs/Clearwater) and this year new construction in Manatee.

The only thing I can say about our market is keep yourself out there and keep hunting. I problably should not tell you this…you may beat me out on a deal or two. :slight_smile:

Nice to see someone local on the boards.

Great Success,

RichV(FL)

Re: Southwest Florida - Posted by Nancy

Posted by Nancy on January 04, 2005 at 17:11:24:

Rich
I’m from CA, am interested in FL market… any other area where is it close to hot zones but not too pricy?
How is Jacksonville area?
thanks!

Nancy

Re: Southwest Florida - Posted by Robert

Posted by Robert on January 07, 2005 at 16:06:15:

The market here in Jax is great!! I am a lender here, and do some bird dogging for some investors, and it will be good for several years. Contact me if you want some more info. 206-984-4663 or 404-432-9708 cell

Best of luck

PS Where in California are you? I was born and raised in San Jose, and moved here to Jacksonville after life in the Navy