life forms like that get you down… It’s still a great
week.

Warm Regards,

JP

Someone’s been posing as me but it wasn’t me… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on October 24, 2000 at 22:39:32:

Hey friends,

Wow. What a shock.

I admit it. I don’t come here as much as I used to, and I post even less frequently. When I do post, it’s usually to try and give some words of encouragement to a newbie. I was therefore ASTOUNDED to find some adolescent below on a thread about racist mobile home park behavior posting as ME with a NEAR IDENTICAL email as mine. I’m blown away.

First, my fake email for internet posts is a1000velvetelvises@hotmail.com (free; I’m tired of spam coming to my real account). This coward had created a near identical email at a1000velvetelvises@aol.com. Even I didn’t catch the difference at first. I’m blown away.

Why “he” choose to target me, I don’t know. I can’t think of anyone I’ve pi$$ed off lately, so I don’t know. All I can say is, it wasn’t the HR from New Orleans.

This ain’t an apology or an act of twisted reconciliation on my part. I didn’t write his post. I admit: I am not afraid to stir the pot at times, and I certainly will go to the matt on a topic I feel strongly about, but his racist diatribe about being sick and tired of “blacks” getting unfair treatment is not my viewpoint. It’s not something I will stick my neck out for or go to the matt over. I didn’t write it and it doesn’t reflect my viewpoints.

The irony here is that he choose me. As some of you know, I am a social worker by training, and years ago I started a non-profit health care company that provides free health care services for inner city (ie. African-American) children and their families. If I believed what he said, I woulden’t have started the company I founded.

Tom Bazley, I’m sorry you got caught in his net. It wasn’t me. The guy was an ultimate coward. I’m 6’4" tall and weight 230 pounds. Nothing would make me happier right now than to have that coward in my grip.

To the folks that I have come to know thru the net, and the convention, those views were not mine. The tone of the post wasn’t me, and neither were the views. I’m not afraid of having unpopular opinions, I just like them to be mine when I have them ;).

And it’s been such a great week, too. Friday was maybe the best, single day I’ve had in a long time. My historic house flip finally closed (with a 8k profit), my duplex that’s been on the market too long with too little activity finally netted a full price offer Friday by a seeminly good buyer, and the friend my wife and I have been helping for nine, long months find a good deal for himself (he’s probably going to be a future brother-in-law of mine) FINALLY put a decent property under contract Friday. Friday was a great day.

I have to admit, I’ve had better cyber days than this discovery. To all my friends, the coward posting as me was not the guy you’ve come to know in person. To the coward, I’d love to get to know you in person.

Cheers,

HR

PS. Baze, I’m voting for Bush. I don’t like either of them, but Bush will take less money out of my and my families pocket. That’s the real answer from the real HR! lol.

Re: Yes, I had the same thing happen to me … - Posted by Lori Samson

Posted by Lori Samson on October 26, 2000 at 24:56:22:

…and whoever it was finally quit bothering me. Let them have their fun and sooner or later they will move on to someone else.Most of us know who is for real and who is not.

Lori

I’m glad it’s cleared up! (nt) - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on October 25, 2000 at 20:02:14:

nt

I realize that now . . . - Posted by The Baze

Posted by The Baze on October 25, 2000 at 19:03:54:

. . .that I’ve seen that the idiot also posted a response to your post as me. Believe me, I don’t have the time or the inclination to use so much verbage. Sorry I came across the way I did.

Tom Bazley

Don’t worry, Mr. Hal… - Posted by Pavon Bailey

Posted by Pavon Bailey on October 25, 2000 at 10:05:55:

HR:

I know it wasn’t you. For some reason, when I read that post, it just did not sound like you.

I am very fortunate to have a “Mentor” like you, Mr. Hal. You’ve given me so much advice and have encouraged me to go on, even though at times I just felt like quitting real estate.

HR, you are appreciated by me and all the other people on this board. If I know who the bandit is, I’ll deal with him myself.

Take care and I’ll talk to you later. If you would like to talk about anything, call me at 504-488-1997.

Have a wonderful and productive day. Time to go to class.

Respectfully,

Pavon Bailey

He had a strange IP! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on October 25, 2000 at 07:11:15:

The faker came in on:

When you run “Whois”, comes up “Brazil”

Other trace “pings” true.

Guess we have an international bandit!