Software Reviews - Posted by Berwyn

Posted by Erskine on December 27, 1998 at 08:23:11:

Where did you purchase the Rent Right software?

Software Reviews - Posted by Berwyn

Posted by Berwyn on December 26, 1998 at 12:34:08:

Holiday Salutations to you all.

I’m interested in what you have to say about your experiences with various software programs for either property management or investing. I’ve read the descriptions of the ones offered here, but without actually seeing the program its hard to tell if it will suit me.

I currently use “Rental Manager” by MBM Software (shareware, about $80)to keep track of my 4-plex. I find it realy easy to use, although there are some things I’d change. There have been afew bugs, but I e-mail the author and he usually send me a fixed version in a week. There have been afew other progs I’ve tried, mostly demos, but found them rather cumbersome.

So, what do you like about the software you’re using? What would you like changed? How does it fit your business? I’m particularly interested in your experience with “Compleat Real Estate Investor”, Professional Property Manager" and “TValue”

Thanx
Berwyn

Mr. Landlord’s Package - Posted by PeteH(NYC)

Posted by PeteH(NYC) on December 27, 1998 at 19:20:26:

The Mr. Landlord website (mrlandlord.com) offers a property-mgmt program for free when you subscribe to his newsletter ($79/yr). The pictures of it on his site look pretty – does anybody have more concrete stories about how well it works?

A subject of great interest - Posted by Carol

Posted by Carol on December 27, 1998 at 08:39:06:

to us too.
But in addition to the rental / management aspects, I want something that can track job costs on flips, rehabs, etc. I’m about to just load QuickBooks Pro and give up for now on anything REI specific. I had promised myself a solution of some sort for the New Year … ooops.
Any enlightenment would be welcomed!
Carol

Re: Software Reviews - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on December 26, 1998 at 19:58:32:

I purchased “rent-right” It does what I needed ie. keeps track of maintenance, Tenant contacts, lease expirations etc. I think I am going to like it a lot. Just got it 2 weeks ago. I’ll let you know more once I really get a handle on it.

Laure :slight_smile:

Re: Software Reviews - Posted by Keith

Posted by Keith on December 26, 1998 at 13:40:07:

I tried the Complete Real Estate Investor software.
I found from a software stand point it was not very
well programmed. I ended up sending it back. You may want to surf to realdata.com. The sofware is a little more expensive. But you pay for what you get…

That’s my 2 cents!

Keith