Smells that Sale - Posted by Lynn

Posted by Douglas Lee on July 07, 2001 at 10:49:54:

And I have heard that baking bread is supposed to do the trick.

Smells that Sale - Posted by Lynn

Posted by Lynn on July 06, 2001 at 23:38:12:

Hi all,

Has anyone tried using aromatherapy smells during an open house? I read that certain smells make you feel a certain way. If so, why not create something that puts the buyer(s) at ease.

Just a thought.

Lynn

Re: Smells that Sale - Posted by Ronald * Starr

Posted by Ronald * Starr on July 07, 2001 at 13:08:26:

Lynn---------------

I have read the suggestion that one put some vanilla on the burner of the stove and turn on the burner.

I haven’t tried it myself.

I would suspect one could use vanillin, the vanilla substitute. If you look most of the “vanilla” for sale in stores is really vanillin.

Good Investing and Good SmellingRon Starr********

Re: Smells that Sale - Posted by Shawna

Posted by Shawna on July 07, 2001 at 11:47:26:

I have a friend in Oklahoma (Cloudmaker Candles) that makes candles - with the best throw range I have seen other than Yankee candles which are way expensive. Anyway that is what I plan to use, just light candle and show house, same effect with no electricity (knowing me I would forget to turn the oven off LOL)

Re: Smells that Sale - Posted by Michelle(NEB)

Posted by Michelle(NEB) on July 07, 2001 at 10:14:21:

A friend of mine recently sold her house and during her open house she just sprinkled a little cinnamon on a cookie sheet and put it in a warm oven. Her house smelled like she’d been baking cinnamon rolls! MMmmm…

Re: Smells that Sale - Posted by Paul_MA

Posted by Paul_MA on July 07, 2001 at 01:15:12:

I’ve read that baking cookies during an open house gives that home-time feeling, although I’ve never tried it.