Slow time of year coming soon? - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on October 09, 2003 at 16:51:24:

Thanks, Tony. I might just start working on the second land/home on the acreage where I am just now finishing the first one.

Their is a glut of rental homes because of lending rates in our area right now…but I wouldn’t know about land/home. They seem to always be popular.
Philip

Slow time of year coming soon? - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on October 08, 2003 at 19:07:06:

Hey. Do you guys have luck with re-selling during November, December and January? I thought a person might buy some bargains, but I didn?t know how easy it was to put people in, during those months.
Thanks,
Philip

Yeah, we know, Philip, the winter season … - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on October 09, 2003 at 13:35:42:

…is the slow season.

We’ll just have to spend more time at the golf course, beach, or at poolside barbecues.

We’ll just have to grin and bear it.

Greetings (and solace) from Cabazon California: Temp. 73 humidity 35%. Eats your hearts out snowbirds. I think I’ll go sailing this afternoon.

:~0

Regards, doc

Re: Slow time of year coming soon? - Posted by Tony-VA/NC

Posted by Tony-VA/NC on October 09, 2003 at 08:30:27:

The end of year trend is tough to predict. One of my first years in Lonnie deals, there was a huge glut of people (rapid refunders) who had cash and were looking for homes in February.

The next year I bought five in Dec/Jan and nothing sold. I held them for several months.

It is a local gamble. I would guess things like local unemployment, the closing of large local companies etc. may be an indication that those tax refunds will not be so abundant or hefty.

Winter time is a nice time to pick up a rehab land/home package. With a home we intend to retail, we know that there will be time involved. Holding time is built in. The interior repairs can be made at a leisurely pace if necessary. Exterior repairs are obviously weather affected but usually they are limited to leaky pipe that we can fix on a warmer day.

A land/home rehab may be just the thing to consider if you are working full time and looking to create a nice long term income stream without having to spend every waking moment working and showing the home.

Tony

Re: Slow time of year coming soon? - Posted by Ben-NY

Posted by Ben-NY on October 09, 2003 at 24:37:58:

January can be very good with Income Tax Refunds close by. I didn’t think people wanted to move in winter but these are desperate eager people I’m seeing.

Re: Yeah, we know, Philip, the winter season … - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on October 09, 2003 at 16:56:34:

must be rough doc. You sound like a rich version of my folks. You, as well as my parents, have earned it.

My winters are usually spent watching my sons play basketball; and even helping coach. No coaching this year and only 1 playing ball. Sooooo…I may have to repair an old mobile home or 2.

Our temperature and humidity are real close to that right now…but ask me again in a month, or two, or 3…
Philip