Sings ' WORK AT HOME" in the poles - Posted by jaim

Posted by Mike Schmidt (IL) on July 27, 2001 at 17:21:30:

I have learned that these work from home signs are hard to trace. The numbers are registered to out of country owners who operate in your area. The local police department wont spend the time or money to track them or have no jurisdiction since they are non US listings…HMMMMMMMMMMM Anyone here have a address in Guam I can use? =)

Sings ’ WORK AT HOME" in the poles - Posted by jaim

Posted by jaim on July 27, 2001 at 12:58:51:

Hi
I would like to know if these signs 'WORK AT HOME" that are everywhere placed in the poles in the streets have an special permit .Does anybody can post a sign in these poles?

Re: Sings ’ WORK AT HOME" in the poles - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on July 27, 2001 at 19:30:03:

They are just as illegal as any other sign posted on a pole in your area, most likely. Of course, they don’t have a permit. Call your zoning dept. to find out what types of postings are legal or not.

Re: Sings ’ WORK AT HOME" in the poles - Posted by vladimir IL

Posted by vladimir IL on July 27, 2001 at 14:13:01:

I don’t think those signs have a special permit. The difference between “We buy Homes” and “work from Home” is that “we buy homes” is an eye sore for real estate agents and possibly your competion. Since agents don’t like those signs, I think they may be the first to call the city hall, city hall will call you, etc…etc…

I would not sweat it-- I would call your city hall or the city you plan on investing in and asked them about consequences one might expect if one places 18x24 signs in that town.

One of the cities just told me that they would simply ‘confiscate’ them and if it becomes a reocurring thing, they might consider a fine, or whatever. Each town/city is different, as I just learned (see my threads below).

Good luck,
vladimir