Signing Contract with Notary??? - Posted by Doug Worden

Posted by Fran CA on July 24, 2001 at 10:43:55:

Doug,

I would suggest contacting a Notary on Wheels. They usually have a pager on them so they can get anywhere quickly. If you have a raport with them first I think it will be easier to use them for future deals as well.

As for your wife being a notary, I would like to know the answer to that one as well. We were thinking about both of us becoming notaries, but thought that being a family members we would not be able to notarize for the other. Any clarification on this would help.

Good Luck,
Fran

Signing Contract with Notary??? - Posted by Doug Worden

Posted by Doug Worden on July 23, 2001 at 20:14:16:

I’ve just finished Bronchik’s L/O course…excellent…
In it he suggests strongly recommends signing all contracts with a notary present.

Does everyone out there doing deals bring a notary along when signing a contract with a seller or a T/B?

I thought about making my wife a notary and bringing her along. However, she is a director of the corporation I am going to use to lease purchase the properties. Is this a conflict??

Just like to know what everyone does who are actively signing deals.

Thanks
Doug W.

Re: Wife/notary/director=conflict (NT) - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on July 24, 2001 at 20:18:45:

Re: Signing Contract with Notary??? - Posted by Fran CA

Posted by Fran CA on July 24, 2001 at 11:28:03:

Doug,

I would suggest contacting a Notary on Wheels. They usually have a pager on them so they can get anywhere quickly. If you have a raport with them first I think it will be easier to use them for future deals as well.

As for your wife being a notary, I would like to know the answer to that one as well. We were thinking about both of us becoming notaries, but thought that being a family members we would not be able to notarize for the other. Any clarification on this would help.

Good Luck,
Fran